Sunday, 2 August 2015

Review & Swatches: Burberry Light Glow Blush in 'Peony' & Eyeshadow Silk in 'Nude'

I mentioned in my inaugural Burberry haul a couple weeks back that I may have made a cheeky addition while tipsy. Luckily for my wallet the purchase was made using my Boots points, so using girly maths, I got both of these gorgeous bits for free. (Can we just take a moment to say how fab it is that Burberry Beauty is now available at Boots?!). Ok, moving on.

L-R: Burberry light glow blush in 'Peony' and eyeshadow silk in 'Nude' [artificial/natural light]
First up is Burberry Light Glow Blush in Peony, a light cool-toned 'true' pink. I always forget how much this sort of shade suits me but upon first application I fell in love with this blush. It's smooth, velvety, and surprisingly pigmented. It added the most beautiful fresh pinch of colour to my cheeks in a very brightening and flattering way. Even though the colour is light, a light hand is needed lest you want to look like Aunt Betty. That said, this is amongst the lightest and coolest shades in the burberry lineup - I think darker skins would be better suited to some of their other shades, but on me this is an immediate favourite.

Next up is one of Burberry's newly re-formulated Wet & Dry Eye Colour 'Glow' Shadows in 'Nude'. The name is a bit of a misnomer in my opinion - the colour is much more of a bronzy taupe than a 'nude' shade. Nonetheless it is stunning. It's a finely milled powder but with a fairly metallic and light reflective finish. It need not be used wet but I did try it and it looked amazing patted on the lids, and worked wonders for longevity when worn in this way.

I think both of these shades are 'dupable' and I'm planning a post on that soon. Regardless though, the textures, finishes and quality of all the Burberry products I've tried so far really make makeup application a true pleasure. I'd much rather have a well curated collection of products like these than a proliferation of lesser alternatives. Alongside Charlotte Tilbury which reigns supreme, Burberry Beauty has quickly become a favourite makeup brand.

No comments:

Post a Comment