Friday, 7 August 2015

July Favourites and Fails

July was a fab month for favourites. After a couple months of feeling a bit uninspired by makeup and beauty this month was a complete 180! I've been hauling like nobody's business and have also re-fallen in love with a few old-time faves.

  • Lubin Gin Fizz EDT: A new purchase this month that I had lusted after for ages and was an immediate hit. A citrusy, spritely, fresh and summery fragrance that is glamorous in a demure 1950's way. The scent was indeed inspired by Grace Kelly when it first launched in 1955 (re-launch in 2009) and it really does have a low-key elegance that I love. The bottle is gorgeous and it came packaged in the most beautiful satin box. It would make a gorgeous gift or a cheeky seasonal treat for oneself.
  • Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution Lipstick in Miss Kensington: I hauled this at the beginning of the month and it has quickly become my favourite-ever nude lip. It is the perfect shade that I think I've always been seeking, in a gorgeous retro matte (but comfortable to wear) finish. See true-to-colour swatches in my haul post.
  • Charlotte Tilbury Eyes to Mesmerise in Mary Antoinette: Another 'win' from CT - her new-ish cream eyeshadow in a gorgeous taupy-bronze shade. Cream shadows are a dime a dozen these days, but this rendition has a very easy to work with formula perfect for blending, sheering, building etc. and once it sets it doesn't budge. An immediate fave.
  • Jouer Matte Moisture Tint in 'Linen': This favourite from last year was a late comer to the party this summer. I had been using other things and it kind of slipped my mind, until this month when I pulled it out again and from day 1 it was love all over again. I've barely used anything else since. It's lightweight, demi-matte, with medium coverage and a finish that is perfecting but also natural looking enough for daytime (read: natural light) wear. Not surprisingly, it made my 'Top 5 Summer Bases'.
  • Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette: Another gem pulled out of the depths is this well-known and well-loved trio from Hourglass. As of late I've especially been loving mixing the two right shades (Incandescent light and Radiant light) for a really glowy-bronzy-highlighty cheek over or under whatever more matte blush I'm sporting. On me it gives enough colour and glow to the tops of my cheekbones to skip a separate bronzer or highlighter.
  • L'Oreal Color Riche L'Ombre Pure Shadow in Matte 106 Breaking Nude: An unlikely favourite - I picked this up for no reason other than to complete a 3-for-2 deal at Boots! It's a matte (but somehow not flat!?) cool-toned taupey brown, in the most beautiful and easy to work with buttery pressed formulation. I've been using it almost daily as part of my monochrome taupe eye look.




No comments:

Post a Comment