Monday, 20 July 2015

Summer empties

When it rains it pours! I always seem to run out of things at the same time. This installation of empties comprises a few familiar faces and a few bits that I'm mentioning for the first time.



  • La Roche-Posay Serozinc: I won't bang on about this, I've spoken about it so much already. A zinc-based toner that doesn't feel like it's doing much until you stop. Great for consistently clear skin and now much more widely accessible at Boots.
  • Kate Sommerville Goat Milk Cream: I've done a full review of this here. It's a nice gentle, soothing, no-fuss cream. If that's what you're after I have no complaints, but it's nothing groundbreaking for the price point and given how hard it is to get from the UK.
  • Alpha H Liquid Gold: A cult product and for good reason. This is in the old packaging which indicates just how long it has lasted me. A glycolic chemical exfoliant that you rub on at night with no other product and wake up to smoother, brighter, skin.
  • Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water: I don't know why I keep bothering with these new releases. This didn't do a great job of removing my eye-makeup and left me with clogged pores. It's cheap, but from now on I'm sticking to Bioderma, which remains the best no matter how many of the copies I try. If it's not broken...
  • Urban Decay De-Slick Makeup Setting Spray: Another one I've owned for yonks and used so sporadically I didn't have much of an opinion. I started using it a few weeks ago just to 'use it up' and actually do find it makes a difference. I've now started using the new L'Oreal setting spray as part of my daily routine, and while I would happily recommend the UD, I do think I prefer the L'Oreal overall.
  • Jo Malone Nectarine Blossom and Honey Cologne: A beautiful fresh, fruity summer perfume. This smells like the name but remains bright and refreshing - not gourmand or heady notes whatsoever. I've gone through 2 bottles of this and while I'll be taking a little break for now, it's definitely in my top few of the Jo Malone lineup.
  • Philip Kingsley Elasticizer: A pre-shampoo hair treatment that helps to smooth the hair shaft, strengthen, and reduce breakage. I find using hair masks to be a bit of a faff in general, but this one is really effective. I leave it overnight and wash it out in the morning. I've already re-purchased the large tub.
  • The Body Shop Honey Mania Body Scrub: Meh. This does not get a thumbs up. It smells lovely, and the texture reminds me of gelato. You can definitely tell there is honey - it has a smooth creaminess that is very unique. Unfortunately it is useless as a body scrub/exfoliant.

No comments:

Post a Comment