Friday, 10 July 2015

Haul & First impressions: Charlotte Tilbury X Norman Parkinson

Today I'm talking a mini haul and first impressions of some new bits I picked up from Charlotte Tilbury's new Norman Parkinson inspired retro 'collab' collection. The two lipsticks are new launches exclusively with this collection, the two eye bits are new-ish and included in some of the looks-in-a-box. There was a also a gorgeous highlighter but alas I have too many to have justified it, and an also-gorgeous cheek-and-lip tint. Def check it out!


L-R: 1975 Red, Miss Kensington, Norma Jean, Marie Antoinette [indoors/natural sunlight]

I've only heard good things about the Matte Revolution formula, so I couldn't wait to finally try it out. I was going for sexy sienna (which will one day be mine!) but when I popped into Selfridges and spotted these two new shades I simply couldn't choose and got both. The formula is indeed matte without being drying. And the rose gold packaging is utterly fab. So far so good.

  • Matte Revolution Lipstick in 1975 Red: a gorgeous, striking, retro orange-red. I much prefer this colour in a matte formulation, and while I have enough others to not have 'needed' this, there is a vintage-y feel to this rendition that screams summer pin-up, giant sunnies and all. It's inspired by Jerry Hall's first Vogue cover, and it's as glamorous as you'd expect.
  • Matte Revolution Lipstick in Miss Kensington: That perfect retro pink-nude, reminiscent of something Twiggy would wear. Matte nudes are hard to get right in my opinion - I have fairly pigmented lips so the wrong shade of matte nude can look washed-out and concealer-ish, but this lipstick is just right. Gorgeous.

I'm all about the cream eyeshadows, and have just finished my Marc Jacobs one, so somehow justified two of these :) The shade range is stunning - a few different tones of bronze, a khaki colour, seriously good. After trying them out, its love. A light whipped texture that applies easily, and thinly (no caking or crepey eyes here), is easily blended without tugging, but then dries down and stays in place. Great on its own or as a base for powder shadows, these are everything a good cream eyeshadow should be (if I say so myself).

  • Eyes to Mesmerise in Norma Jean: The lightest most 'everyday wash' colour - a light golden champagne.
  • Eyes to Mesmerise in Marie Antoinette: A taupey-bronze shade, ligher and less 'amber' than the other bronze options in the line up.

Charlotte Tilbury has yet to disappoint me. The shade ranges, the formulas, the packaging. A breath of fresh air if you ask me.

No comments:

Post a Comment