Wednesday, 15 July 2015

A much desired haul

Another day, another haul. Or so it feels. After a bit of a beauty-buying hiatus, I've been on a roll the past few weeks. Shockingly, this one has no makeup in it. (Don't worry... that's coming soon).

There are a lot of "maintenance" products in this haul - exfoliators, fake tan, a hair mask, a cuticle product. All things to keep me in tip-top shape through summer :)

  • Lubin Gin Fizz EDT: First up is the one I'm most excited about! I've had this perfume in my Cult Beauty basket for months but was hesitant to 'buy before I try'. I'm a lover of gin libations and consider the gin and tonic basically the essence of summer. So lemon, bergamot, juniper... in a perfume?! Sold!! It turns out to be every bit as fabulous as I expected. It's fresh, sophisticated, and glamorous in an understated way. It originally launched in 1955 as a homage to Grace Kelly and is very evocative of the American cocktail bars of Paris which were infamous around the time.
  • Mio Double Buff Dual Enzyme Exfoliator: I've been wanting to try Mio for a long time and this body scrub sounded great. It has a physical and chemical exfoliant - something I love for my face but have never tried on my body. I'm yet to try it out but fingers crossed. (A caveat - upon receiving the bottle I noticed it said to apply on dry skin and then rinse off in the shower... a total faff!!)
  • St Tropez Instant Tan in Light/Medium: This is a wash-off temporary tanning lotion and it's bloody brilliant. It dries down completely and doesn't transfer whatsoever. Not surprisingly then, it's highly water resistant too - it didn't rinse off in the shower until I used body wash. A subtle, healthy colour for when you want to wear bear your (bare) legs without blinding fellow humankind.
  • St Tropez Express Tan: This tan requires slightly more of a commitment, but application only takes 1-3 hours. Apparently, you put it on and depending on how dark you want it, wash it off within a couple of hours, after which the colour continues to develop. This is obviously the pre-cursor to the new in-shower version that only takes 3 minutes!! I'm a total newbie when it comes to fake tan - in part because I'm so pale I assume everything will make me orange. But, I've heard good things about this and at least it's fairly quick to maintain.
  • Philip Kingsley Elastisizer: I've mentioned this before, because it's fab. This is a repurchase for me. A pre-shampoo hair mask that increases the elasticity of the hair and therefore smooths and prevents breakage. I tend to leave it on overnight and my hair is noticeably more nourished come morning.
  • Maybelline Super Stay 7 Days Nail Polish in 130 Rose Poudre: I most certainly do not need another colour like this but I've heard great things about this formula and wanted to give it a go. The colour is a really pretty and romantic muted mauve/rose that I know I'll get lots of wear out of. It reminds me of OPI's Tickle my Francey which is an all-time favourite. I just used it to paint my nails and while I can't yet talk to wear time, it was easy to apply and opaque in 2 coats.
  • Elegant Touch Nail Apothecary Cuticle Remover: I went into Boots for the Sally Hansen version of this which was nowhere to be found and so picked this up instead. I have no basis for comparison but this cuticle remover gel worked a treat! Would definitely recommend if you want a bit of help loosening and removing your cuticles for an extra manicured manicure.

No comments:

Post a Comment