Friday, 1 May 2015

Fashion spotlight: (mostly) dainty rings

I mentioned in my In & Out post that I go through phases with shopping... well back in Feb when I was in New York, I was buying all the rings.


Oddly enough, I'm not really a huge 'jewellery person'. I have a small collection of lower-to-mid range pieces (I'm talking anywhere between ~$20-$200) that have been carefully chosen and most of them don't even get a good workout. But, I wish I was a jewellery person. I love the whole stacking thing, and I envy the chicks who wear tonnes of rings and rock it so well. Me? I wear a watch daily, stud earrings mostly, and the set of 3 c-heart-d rings hadn't left my hand in 3 years prior to taking the photo above. Other than that, you may on occasion find me sporting a statement bangle or simple necklace, but in general it's not a part of my outfit that I put a lot of thought into. So, the above purchases were a bit aspirational... I figured the only way to start wearing rings was to have a range of them that I like and could be mixed and matched together.

They are all different brands, but aside from the first stack which I've had a long time, and the last ring which is from Intermix, the rest are all from Saks Off 5th, and all were purchased very much on sale for great prices. I've been mixing and matching metals, regular and mid rings, and while I'm still getting the hang of it, I've definitely been enjoying wearing more rings!

From left to right:


  • Catbird Alphabet Rings: These little initial rings are ubiquitous now, but I got mine from a handmade jewellery brand in NYC. I love the little rose gold heart on a silver ring. Obviously these can be worn singly or mixed and matched. I always wear mine as a mini stack.
  • Jules Smith Beat It Midi Ring: a teeny tiny heart beat, perfect as a pinky ring or a midi ring.
  • Jules Smith Love Midi Ring: A gold pave script love ring. There are all over the place for basically any price (high or low) you're willing to pay.
  • Vita Fede Double Crystal Hexagon Ring: Definitely not dainty, but I love this ring. It's geometric, just a tad sparkly, and makes a statement on its own.
  • Freida Rothman Belargo Sparkle Stack: This is the unexpected winner of the lot and the ones I've worn the most. I absolutely love the combination of the pave with oxidized metal - it seems less 'done' but can also look a bit glam. I don't love the rings on their own but stacked they provide a really beautiful effect. 
  • Kelly Wearstler Rote Single Perforated Row Ring: Another perfectly 'dainty' ring that is a bit industrial/not too girly (sense a theme?)


No comments:

Post a Comment