Monday, 27 April 2015

The mascara graveyard

I'm chucking out a whole bunch of mascaras that just don't meet the mark for me. Keep reading to find out why.


The charges:


  • Fiberwig: inferior to Kevyn Aucoin The Essential Mascara (also a fiber mascara)
  • Rimmel 100% Waterproof: Does absolutely nothing for my lashes whatsover
  • Make Up For Ever Aqua Smoky Lash: Clump central
  • L'Oreal Hydrofuge Voluminous Carbon Black: Strangely messy to apply and impossible to remove
  • L'Oreal Lash Out Butterfly: Wet messy formula and very much dislike the brush
  • Majolica Majorca Lash King: Wet and messy
  • Barry M Showgirl (not pictured): A very very dry formula, basically unusable after a couple weeks.
It's not all grim, though. I must after all disclose that there are two mascaras I absolutely love, and which together form my benchmark for all others. At the high end is the painfully priced Kevyn Aucoin The Essential Mascara which I've reviewed in full here. It provides the most impact with the least effort of any mascara I've used. Next up is the much more affordable Bourjois Black Jack Volume Clubbing Mascara which again was love at first use. Big voluminous lashes without clumps, a neat application, no smudging or transferring, and a swift removal. i.e. everything I want in a mascara.

No comments:

Post a Comment