Friday, 10 April 2015

Spring fever

With Spring in the air, my shopping itch has been much more oriented to spring fashion than beauty as of late. If I'm honest, I haven't taken too much notice of Spring beauty collections. But that doesn't mean I haven't been pulling out some favourites and almost exclusively rocking light and bright spring looks. Here are some of the bits that have well and truly (re-)acquainted me with Springtime beauty.


Let's start with the odd one out - the Dior Homme Cologne, for men. I've been spritzing this in store since it launched in 2013 and there's something about it I just find utterly intoxicating. I had toyed with the idea of getting it for Dean but it's really the polar opposite of scents that are 'him' (woody, amber, etc etc.) This on the other hand is a very citrusy scent - top notes of bergamot (which I've begun noticing is a theme of perfumes I love), middle notes of grapefruit blossom and base notes of musk. To me it's very light and unisex. And so in my most recent stint in the duty free, I decided to just bite the bullet and buy this men's cologne, for myself! I've got no idea what others think, or if it really even suits me, but I just wanted an excuse to smell it over and over all day long, and it's been absolutely perfect to get me in the mood for Spring.

Next up is a new base that I've been obsessed with - the Bourjois 123 Perfect CC Cream. I would have never picked this up but I saw a few youtubers mention it, and it caught me just when I was starting to think a few of my bases were looking 'heavy' on my skin. This is moisturizing, blends in super easily, has surprisingly decent coverage for a 'cc' cream, and really leaves my face looking a better version of bare skin. It's so not typically my thing, but dare I say I'm finally seeing the light with lighter coverage bases, and this one manages to do what a tinted moisturizer would without becoming a slippy mess. Love.

The four remaining bits are all colour products. For eyes I've been loving my Marc Jacobs Beauty Twinkle Pop Eye Stick in Volver which on me is a subtle shimmery champagne (it almost matches my skin). It slides on super easily without any pulling or tugging and feels cooling on my lids. I rub it in with my finger and it's great on its own or a perfect light shimmery base for shadows. It does crease if you don't top it with powder shadows so I wouldn't say it's the longest lasting or budge proof of the shadow sticks on offer, but it's quick, effortless, pretty and in a twist-up stick. Perfect for easy looks or for on the go.

For cheeks I've been loving the NARS Matte Multiple in Laos - a really pretty bright rose colour, that blends perfectly with my Real Techniques Stippling Brush. The formula is barely there but long lasting, and has the ease of a cream, with the finish of a matte, without being either sticky nor powdery. After being neglected through the colder months, I've also pulled out my Dior Rosy Glow blush with is one of my all time favourite products. A super cool toned bright pink, that adapts to skin to give the most flattering Springtime rosy cheeks.

Last but not least, after wearing mostly peaches and berry/mauves through the winter, I've been loving Dior Addict High Shine in 864 Rose Croquis (alongside the Rosy Glow) for a brightening pink lip. It's a moisturizing, glossy, easy to wear formula in a flattering wearable magenta.

Today was 15 degrees C and sunny in Manchester. It was utterly glorious. Spring. has. arrived.

No comments:

Post a Comment