Monday, 20 April 2015

Spring Denim

I've been on a total denim kick lately! I'm all about denim throughout the year, but I typically go for darker washes and skinny cuts, with the exception of my JBrand Boyfriend Jeans which are a total summer staple. But recently the Spring feeling has gotten over me and I've been curating quite the seasonal denim wardrobe. Keep reading for my must-haves!


Chambray Shirt: I've been in the market for a Chambray shirt for a long time but could never quite strike the right balance with shade, length/cut, and the right pocket and button details. I'm going for cool, casual city girl, not western cowboy, and I finally found the perfect shirt. Quite Literally. Current/Elliott's The Perfect Shirt in Pier is everything I've been looking for. It's way more than I anticipated spending for a staple that appears ubiquitous, but for me it's worth it to tick all the right boxes. And, I managed to save a pretty penny, finding it on sale through Intermix a few months back.

Denim Vest: This was a bit of a serendipitous find. I was looking more for an oversized denim jacket, but then this Rag & Bone/JEAN Burney DenimVest just happened to grace the racks of TK Maxx and I was immediately sold. Again, you can find this pretty readily around the web, but I managed to snag a great bargain. I'm usually an XS, but the M is the perfect slightly relaxed fit and I love it! I'm not for the denim on denim look but this looks fab with a pair of black coated skinnies.

Boyfriend shorts: I'm typically not a shorts person - I don't really like to get my legs out. But the desire for a good pair of boyfriend shorts just came over me recently and I went on a bit of a mission! I settled again on a designer pair that I found on sale at over 50% off on Revolve! These are the Current/Elliott 'The Boyfriend Short' in White Wash. I sized up 1 size and they are definitely a boyfriend fit - they sit low on the hips, are slouchy and not too short. They'll look great with casual slides or boots.

White distressed boyfriend Jeans: Last but not least, given how much I love my boyfriend jeans I really wanted to add a distressed white pair to my closet. I saw a few I liked from Rag & Bone, and Blank NYC, but then while perusing Zara I found the pair above. I'm not sure what's gotten into them but Zara's denim offering is killing it this season. Gone are the cheap looking gold zips and in are a seriously good range of silly-well priced jeans in cuts ranging from skinny, cigarette and boyfriend and every wash and level of distressing you could hope for. Highly recommend!

There we have it. 4 new denim additions for Spring that are sure to be seasonable staples.

No comments:

Post a Comment