Sunday, 26 April 2015

April Favourites

April was a fab month in 'real' life, if not a bit quiet on the blog. I had friends visit from Copenhagen and from Melbourne, and the sun finally emerged. I've also fallen head over heels for a few of these here favourites.



Bourjois 123 Perfect CC Cream: This base is kinda a big deal. In fact, it's sort of converted me to lighter bases. Decent coverage, feels light, wears well, looks like skin. I apply with fingers and with a bit of powder in the t-zone it lasts all day. It's also moisturising and luminous without being a slippy mess like a lot of tinted moisturizers can be. I've been going for more casual, effortless makeup this month and this base fits the bill perfectly.

Marc Jacobs Eye twinkle pop stick in Volver: While we're on the light makeup thing, I've been loving this eye stick by Marc Jacobs. It's a light, neutral champagne colour (looks more peach-champagne in the stick, looks more gold/straight champagne on the lid. The formula goes on feeling cooling and almost a bit wet but after a few seconds of easy blending time dries down. There is absolutely no dragging or pulling here. Looks great on its own and is also a pretty shimmery base for shadows. And it's just so easy.

Byredo Gypsy Water EDP: After wearing this frequently over the last few months I finally ran out of my beloved Gypsy Water, perhaps my favourite scent of all time. With top notes of lemon, bergamot, pepper and juniper, heart notes of pine needles, incense and orris, and base notes of amber vanilla and sandalwood, it's literally - on paper and in real life - my perfect fragrance. It's fresh but warm and woody, unique and utterly addictive. And Dean loves it (on me) as much as I do. Will absolutely without a doubt be buying a new one.

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Diffused Light: Last but not least in the beauty department, I've pulled out this powder again for daily use and have really been enjoying it. The formula is super light weight and keeps shine at bay without flattening the complexion. And this shade is a bit yellow which is nice to subdue redness.

Vita Fede Half-Moon Crystal Necklace: Vita Fede is a jewellery brand I've lusted after for a while. It's not super fine but it's certainly not cheap either so I've always held off. But while I was in NY I spotted this necklace on Saks Off 5th and snagged a really good deal. If I'm honest it was a bit of an impulse purchase but I've been finding it's the perfect understated piece to hug my neckline. It has an extender so can be worn as more of a choker or slightly lower, and for someone who doesn't wear a tonne of jewellery it's oddly becoming a bit of a daily staple.

3.1 Phillip Lim Pashli Mini Messenger: Finally, I just wanted to make mention of my latest handbag addition that I reviewed in full here. It's basically perfect. The leather is sturdy, the size its perfect - it accommodates everything I need without cramming things in but is still petite and light, and goes with everything. It looks great crossbody at hip height, or a bit more dressed up with the strap shortened to waist height. I haven't used a single other bag since purchasing this. It's super satisfying when you splash out on a luxury item and find that it's also supremely functional.

2 comments:

  1. Diffused Light is my favourite Hourglass powder hands down. Sneaky Tip: apply it with a damp beauty blender to set concealer under the eyes & highlight at the same time.
    Also, Gypsy Water - I will own that thing one day!
    Lovely favourites post :)


    Dar | www.holylipstick.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh will have to try it with the beauty blender! I've pulled it out again in the last few weeks anyway but didn't think to use it with powder! Cheers :)

    ReplyDelete