Monday, 16 March 2015

Unsung heroes: 3 forgotten gems

Today I'm talking three products which for no fault of their own, had gotten lost in the depths of my beauty stash, only to recently be recovered. The love is restored, people.



NARS Narsissist 15-pan eyeshadow palette: The blogging community was all over this when it launched, but for some reason, despite the initial excitement, and lack of complaints, I had kind of stopped reaching for it. No reason in particular. I've written a full review, but suffice to say I've picked it up again and have been loving it. I've particularly been enjoying Lhasa (bottom row, second shadow), Fez (top row, third shadow), Madrague II (top row, second shadow) and Belissima I (bottom row, first shadow). It's a pretty flawless palette, and has you covered for any range of light and dark, warm and cool, neutral looks. And, last I saw, you cloud still snag it at Sephora.

Mac 219 Pencil Brush: Next up is a brush I hadn't so much forgotten about, as lost during a drunken work Christmas party over a year ago now *hangs head in shame*. It has always been my favourite brush for smudging eyeliner above or below my eyes. I finally picked up a new one at duty free and it's every bit as good as I remember.

It's a 10 Miracle Leave-in Lite: Another product that had made it to the back of my overflowing stash, despite being a winner in its category. This is a fab all-in-one detangler, leave in conditioner, heat protectant, shine spray, you name it (it's good for 10 things, hence the name!). I have the light version since my hair is fine and easily weighed down. It's neither sticky nor heavy, but makes dealing with my hair effortless. Pretty sure it's not available in the UK but if you're travelling to the US it's worth adding to your shopping list.


2 comments:

  1. I adore that Nars palette - but it does get pushed aside for the "easier" options like the Naked 3 or my MAC palette... I love the shades but it's tucked away in a drawer and doesn't get the love it needs.


    Dar | www.holylipstick.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. totally! I tend to stick to the left (lighter) half of the palette but it really is quite nice! I think I've just been so obsessed with my Charlotte Tilbury quads that I've neglected everything else!

    ReplyDelete