Friday, 20 March 2015

Review: Marc Jacobs Beauty Highliner Gel Eye Crayon in 64 (Luna)tic

Let me introduce you to my latest makeup obsession, the Marc Jacobs Highliner Gel Eye Crayon in 64 (Luna)tic. I've been wearing her most days since purchasing at Sephora over a month ago now, and for a non-upper-lash-lining gal that means this product has made a pretty big impression!



I mentioned it in my belated Feb Faves and promised additional thoughts so here they are. Lunatic is a gorgeous metallic pale lavender. It was very hard to photograph the swatch and a I fear the violet tones don't come through enough. It's a complex and very pretty colour - depending on lighting and how you pair it it ranges from indeed a very light lavender to a more silvery gunmetal with slightly violet undertones. The colour was what drew me to it in the first place.

On my eyes, it definitely provides some definition to the lash line, but since it's a lighter colour it doesn't close down eyes and make them look smaller. This is important to me too because I have hooded eyes and therefore a small lid space. Liner can often obliterate any chance of having my shadows show. This colour though is so pretty that I'm happy to show it off. It also offers a tad bit of colour whilst still appearing neutral from a distance. It's just really lovely.

The texture too is pretty awesome. It manages to glide on my lashline in a single pigmented stroke without ever pulling, jumping or skipping. It's also not too wet that it transfers or in anyway gets messy. My liner skills are tragic, and I've never messed up with this. Yes, the colour is a little forgiving, but I have the black too and it's really more about the formula. Which also happens to be very long lasting, non-smudging, etc etc. Oh, and it's a twist up. Score.

Really a fab little liner that I'd recommend checking out. It fills a gap in my collection that I didn't knew existed, and I will definitely re-purchase it when I run out (and I will!)

No comments:

Post a Comment