Sunday, 22 March 2015

Fashion spotlight: 3.1 Phillip Lim Pashli Mini Messenger

My newest luxury edition, and I could not be happier with her. Meet my 3.1 Phillip Lim Pashli Mini Messenger in Black.



Anyone who saw my Christmas Gift Guide (which was basically just a roundup of things I have and love or things I was seriously lusting after) would have seen this bag make an appearance in a gorgeous electric blue colour. It wasn't and still isn't mine, but I've been thinking about it for what, going on 3 or 4 months now? It was time!

I was vacillating between that electric blue (check it out here) or the black. The blue is stunning, eye catching and would add a much needed pop of colour to my very neutral wardrobe, but the black is timeless and really does fill a hole in my bag-wardrobe. I have a larger black tote that is great for work, carrying books, my laptop, papers, etc. and a black clutch for nights out but all my day-to-day bags and smaller crossbodies are in other colours. I was also really wanting a structured bag. So I finally went with the black with brass hardware and I'm so unbelievably happy I did.

This bag is made of gorgeous but very sturdy structured leather in the same texture as the other 'Pashli' bags. I really love the Pashli Satchels but was feeling they were becoming a bit 'done' (my perception, don't take my judgement at face value!). And for my style I really just preferred this shape. It is versatile enough to wear during the day or out at night, more casually or slightly more dressed up. It comfortably fits my giant George Costanza wallet, plus phone, keys, lipstick, and some other bits and bobs. Basically anything you would need and want if you're intentionally downsizing. And because it is structured it's a breeze to reach for things (liberating, since I'm usually a carrier of giant bottomless-pit type handbags). I had read some complaints of the clasps used in the Pashli range but it's really not a problem. I really can't express how happy I am with this purchase. It goes with literally everything, looks super chic, and even though its colour palette is basic, you can tell in person that it's a very nice, very well-made, not run-of-the-mill bag. I love that it looks the part without any garish branding or logos, too.

I got mine with a great exchange rate from Monnier Freres, but I also spotted the black at Barneys.

No comments:

Post a Comment