Friday, 13 March 2015

(Belated) February favourites

I'm going to skip over the fact that we're half-way through March (say whaaat?) and dwell instead on these now belated favourites, simply because they're too good not to. Three new finds, three rediscovered standbys, sorted.



Marc Jacobs Beauty highliner gel crayon in 64 (Luna)tic: Oh my love for this eyeliner. It's a gorgeous light metallic silvery lavender (very similar in shade to MAC idol eyes eyeshadow) and I'm obsessed with it. I bought it in New York last month and have been wearing pretty light eyes with this along my upper lash line nearly every day since. I'm not typically an eyeliner gal but this one has totally got me. And the formula slides on perfectly - no pulling or tugging and no mistakes. And it's a twist up. I'll post a full review with swatch soon.

Hourglass Illusion Hyaluronic skin tint: Another freaking rave. I kind of sort of thought this wouldn't be for me since hyaluronic indicates 'good for dry skin' and it's targeted at ageing complexions. I anticipated a slippery mess. How wrong I was!! The coverage of this is more than a tint, and it blends into skin far superior to other foundations I own. It covers most things and still manages to look like my skin. A really fabulous version of it. I've even forgotten undereye concealer a couple times which is unheard of because it's my biggest 'problem' area. I have far more to say about this magical product so expect to see a full review coming soon.

Nars Satin Lip Pencil in Rikugien: A freebie in my Sephora birthday gift, this mini was my first foray into Nars lip pencils. This one is a beautiful rosey colour in a very comfortable 'satin' formula - not matte but not quite glossy. It's super easy to apply and leaves a nice stain on the lips. The only drawback to these is they require a sharpener.

Sigma F84 Angled Kabuki: An oldie but a goodie. This was the only foundation brush I brought with me to NY and it worked fab with all the base products I was using (though I apply the hourglass above with my fingers). It's a dense, synthetic angled brush that buffs foundation in seamlessly without any streaks or brush lines, and without tugging on skin. And it's affordable.

Bioderma: After a good 10 months or so trying to make due with other - more easily accessible - cleansing waters I finally bit the bullet and went back to Bioderma. And my skin is loving me for it. I found most others clogged my pores. I'm not talking red irritated blemishes, but more blackhead type things that are hard to attribute until you start using bioderma again and have consistently smooth and clear skin (again). The original. The best.

Bobbi Brown Corrector in Light Bisque: Another product I've gone through a handful of but hadn't repurchased in an attempt to use up other concealers. I thought the others were doing fine enough and convinced myself I had always been so dissatisfied with my underye circles... until I finally bought a new one of these and on first use was astonished at the difference. Will never be without this little pot of goodness again.

No comments:

Post a Comment