Sunday, 22 February 2015

The Lust List: Spring fashion edition

The absolute last thing I need to be doing right now is focusing on the few things I haven't bought in New York, but I'm obsessed with each and every one of these pieces for spring and summer. Unfortunately, while my wallet is still weeping, I'm afraid these beautiful (and expensive) bits will need to hang out on my 'lust list'. Shame, since like most things, they'll be much cheaper stateside.


  • Haute Hippie Draped Jersey Harem Pants: I'm not someone who bears a lot of skin, even in the warmer months, but give me a lightweight trouser and I'm all over it. I love how these hang, and the high slit up the side. Slightly suggestive, but that's it.
  • Bao Bao by Issey Miyake Lucent Tote in White: I find it hard to stomach the price for a bag made of synthetic materials, but it's just so visually stunning. Geometric. Graphic. Monochrome. And so totally eye-catching.
  • Helmut Lang Kinetic Asymmetrical Wrap Skirt in Grey: A similar justification as the pants - the silhouette of this skirt is just gorgeous. Easily dressed up or down, interesting without being in any way loud. Right up my street.
  • Vince Orion Two Band Slides in Pewter: Whether these or something similar, I will own a pair of sandals like this this summer. I'm all on board with the comfy footwear thing, and the pewter is kind of neutral without being plain black or otherwise boring.
  • Marc by Marc Jacobs Metallic Sally bag in Gold: Last but not least, is this goregous antique gold metallic small crossbody. I wouldn't have chosen this online but spotted in store and it was love at first sight. I've just bought a much more expensive everyday bag (coming up soon!) and for that was um-ing and ah-ing between a safe but versatile black, and a bright and fun pop of colour. For that bag I went with black, so I'm thinking I can get a slightly more affordable option in a 'fun' colour for Summer, though this tone of gold I reckon can carry you through all seasons, too.


2 comments:

  1. That skirt is amazing - so versatile too! x
    Kate Louise Blogs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I'm obsessed! The grey seems a bit difficult to track down, but you can see the texture way better than the black. FYI - from what I've read it runs a bit big!

    ReplyDelete