Wednesday, 11 February 2015

Review + Comparison: Sarah Chapman Skinesis Rapid Radiance Cleanse vs. Sunday Riley Ceramic Slip Cleanser

As I mentioned in a recent haul, when my (second bottle of my) beloved Sunday Riley Ceramic Slip Cleanser ran out, I went out on a limb and decided to try something new, in part for comparative purposes. I've now been using the Sarah Chapman Skinesis Rapid Radiance Cleanse for about a month, and finally feel like I can write a fair review.


The attraction was that I've only heard good things about Sarah Chapman skincare, both cleansers are clay-based, and this one is a handful of pounds cheaper (though now that I've looked more closely, they're priced almost exactly the same based on volume).

Whereas the Sunday Riley was a very thin texture, this one comes out as a more thick creamy clay, but not in a dense way like a clay mask might be. I find I need a few pumps of the Sarah Chapman to adequately cleanse my face, versus 1-2 pumps max of the Sunday Riley. I've not noticed any big difference in my skin since switching - it has neither gotten very upset after moving away from the Sunday Riley, nor does it look much improved. So I'd say both are comparable in terms of keeping skin cleansed and clear. Similarly, neither dehydrate my skin - clean but not squeaky.

The main difference for me is in terms of eye sensitivity and makeup removal. I use both of these as morning time cleansers in the shower and Sunday Riley is super gentle on the eyes but also extremely effective at removing eye makeup, including traces of mascara that may be left on from the night before. The Sarah Chapman on the other hand, very much stings my eyes, and is totally ineffective at removing trace mascara. So if not every speck of mascara is removed before using this I end up with panda eyes and I need to go over with Bioderma after my shower. A pain. While both claim to have essential oils, the Sarah Chapman has a cooling sensation on the skin which is quite nice in the morning, but also I imagine is part of why it can't be used on eyes. It does warn not to use on eyes, so really it's more a matter of preference than a criticism, per se.

Overall, both cleansers make similar claims but all up, given the same price per volume, that I need less per use of the Sunday Riley, and the the Sunday Riley wins in terms of eye makeup removal, I think I'm going to go back to that after I finish using the Sarah Chapman. You win some you lose some.

2 comments:

  1. I just recently sprung for the Sarah Chapman (feelunique had an offer code going) and am really looking forward to trying something that isn't a balm cleanser out!

    I has a sample of the Sunday Riley and didn't really enjoy it, since it left my face feeling a little tight, but I hope that due to the oils in the Rapid Radiance it'll be fine.

    Thanks for the comprehensive comparison!

    Dar | www.holylipstick.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Sarah Chapman is definitely much creamier so hopefully it will suit you better!

    ReplyDelete