Wednesday, 18 February 2015

My (updated) morning skincare routine

I've mentioned each of these products individually but thought I'd go through my current morning skincare routine, since it has completely changed since my last one a year ago.


Just for full disclosure, my skin is combination, tending to get shiny throughout the day, but also prone to dehydration. Since landing in New York a couple a weeks ago my skin has been drier than ever, and if I'm honest I've been looking for some added hydration on top of the above routine in the form of dewy foundations or hydrating face sprays. But, when my skin is in its typical condition back in Manchester, this routine works great.

Cleanse

Sarah Chapman Skinesis Rapid Radiance Cleanse: This is my cleanser of the moment - a clay based creamy cleanser that has cooling essential oils and salicylic acid, but somehow leaves skin nourished and comfortable. It's nice on skin but irritating to my eyes and does not remove trace eye makeup - I replaced my Sunday Riley Ceramic Slip with this, and after it runs out I'm going to go back to the Sunday Riley. I've recently written a full comparison post if you're interested in my full thoughts.

Tone

La Roche-Posay Serozinc: Another product I've talked about ad nauseam. A zinc-based facial spray that keeps breakouts a bay. You won't know it's doing much until you stop using it. I'm on my 3rd or 4th can, and it's now much more easily available in the UK (woop!).

Serum

Indeed Labs Hydraluron: Another one I'm a bit on the fence about. It does no harm so I'm kind of 'using it up' but I can't say I see any huge difference using this. My skin has gotten dry regardless of this step, so I don't think I'll continue with this once it runs out. I've also reviewed the Indeed Labs Pepta-Bright which I love and prefer (it even made my top 14 of 2014!) - I find it more moisturising and does wonders for skin-tone and pigmentation - so that will be taking over this step soon.

Moisturiser

Aesop Oil-Free Facial Hydrating Serum: I've reviewed this at length and sung its praises. I love this stuff. A tad lightweight for this dry New York winter, but overall, this serum moisturiser keeps my skin hydrated without going greasy, and provides the absolute perfect base for makeup. I also adore a similar product, the Aesop Parsley Seed Anti-Oxidant Serum.

Eye Cream

La Roche-Posay Redermic [R] for Eyes: I think this is a fab eye cream for its anti-aging benefits and sits at a relatively reasonable price point, as far as eye creams go. It does the trick for hydration, but my only complaint is that I have awful under eye circles and this has done absolutely nothing for that. I'm tempted to move onto the Verso Super Eye Serum when this runs out, but it's quite pricey, so I'd love to hear what others think of it if you've tried it!!

A bit of a weird one considering a few slots are up for replacement, but overall this routine has been working well for me. Some steps are set, and others I'm still (forever) seeking the product that will finally settle the search. What skincare are you loving that I may need to try? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment