Friday, 6 February 2015

My travel makeup bag (for a month in NYC)

I always end up shopping heaps and leaving with an overweight suitcase when I travel home to visit New York, so I tried really hard this time to pack light and bring only a streamlined makeup bag. And so far, it's been serving me just fine. Here's what I brought...


Whilst I allowed myself a few options with colour products, when it comes to others - base, liners, mascara, brows, etc. - the products I've chosen really do indicate those that I use and love every single day.

I picked up the YSL Fusion Ink Foundation (in BD20) using Boots points the day before I left, so I chucked it in as my only foundation, without ever having tried it. What can I say, I like to live on the edge. I'm still learning how best to work with it but I'll post a full review soon. For concealer I went with a trusty duo, the Bobbi Brown Corrector in Light Bisque, topped with the Maybelline Age Rewind Dark Circle Eraser. I brought the Chanel Les Beiges Healthy Glow Powder to set my T-zone and because it's good to take out for the day or at night, since it has it's own brush and mirror. To finish off my complexion, I packed my latest obsession, the Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze and Glow that I raved out in my January Favourites. It really is as good as everyone says.

For cheeks I went super simple with one very neutral option - Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush in Exposed, and a more brightening peachy-pink, Nars Deep Throat.

For eyes I brought my daily eye base, the Make Up For Ever Aqua Cream in #13 - this lasts longer and keeps things locked in better than any cream shadow or eye primer I've ever used. (And as a side note I've been using it every day for what feels like at least 2 years and I'm still not done with it!). For shadows I was really good!! I brought both of my Charlotte Tilbury quads - The Dolce Vita, and The Fallen Angel Palette (both are freaking amazing), as well as 1 Nars eye duo in Portobello, which contains 2 matte medium browns perfect for blending out the crease. More dailies - my Anastasia Covet Waterproof Liner, Anastasia Browiz, Maybelline Brow Drama and finally, my Bourjois Blackjack Volume Clubbing Mascara.

Last but not least for lips I brought Mac's Girl About Town for a bright pop of fuchsia (I usually reserve this for summer but for some reason while packing it just called out to me!), Rimmel Kate Matte Lipstick in 107, a gorgeous red-wine berry colour, Rimmel Kate lipstick in 22, a bright glossy strawberry red, Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in Saga (a light coral-pink), and Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in Boy as the daily neutral option, which was in my handbag. Even though I'm not the hugest fan, I threw in the Hourglass No. 28 Lip Treatment Oil for a good on-the-go lip treatment to face the frigid New York winter.

I'm pretty impressed with myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment