Wednesday, 4 February 2015

4 skincare re-purchases (aka products worth the hype)

In the world of the beauty-obsessed, repurchasing products is the ultimate salute to a product's greatness. With so much choice, and the pace of new releases, something has to be pretty impressive to keep my attention. And, these four bits have done it again.



Bioderma Sensibio H2O Micellaire Solution: This one goes without saying, but I'm going to say it anyway. Bioderma created a product category, but no matter how many brands flood the market with cleansing waters, the original reigns supreme. I've tried a fair few of it's competitors, and while some are terrible, and some come close, none have matched Bioderma. It removes makeup, is scent-less, sting-less, rinse-free, gentle, effective, and completely and totally non-irritating to my skin. Even though it's naughty, I have for big stretches of time used this as my only nighttime makeup remover and cleanser and have never had any problems with my skin. I've gone through tonnes of these over the years and will continue to buy this over and over again.

La Roche-Posay Serozinc: A much-hyped product that has only just released in the UK. Nonetheless, I've just repurchased my 3rd or 4th one of these. It's one of those that you're not quite sure is doing much until you stop using it. It's a facial spray which contains acne-fighting zinc, which turns out to really work to keep skin clear and breakouts at bay, without the all-too-common drying effects of many acne products.

First Aid Beauty Facial Radiance Pads: I've just bought a new full-sized pot of these (the one in the photo was a smaller size). They are liquid soaked pads with a gentle chemical exfoliant, perfect to swipe over skin between cleansing and serum/moisturizer in the evenings. They are gentle enough to be used nightly, and really do make a noticeable difference to the radiance and clarity of my skin.

Kate Sommerville ExfoliKate: I re-bought this on sephora and shipped it to my parents house as soon as I booked my flight to New York.  It's both a physical and chemical exfoliant, that is much more heavy-duty than the Radiance Pads, but there is also a gentle version if you're sensitive. I tend to use it once a week in the shower as a quick and effective pick me up that keeps my skin exfoliated and also helps with keeping things clear. It's a dark green thick paste that smells of lovely cloves. I apply it, rubbing it in (to slough skin) and then leave it on for a few minutes while I do the rest of my shower. It's great.

No comments:

Post a Comment