Friday, 16 January 2015

January beauty haul

Today I'm sharing with you a carefully selected group of bits (mostly from the Selfridges sale - unfortunately now over, it looks like!) which I've been dying to buy for ages! The few pounds off each item in the sale were the perfect impetus, and I couldn't resist any longer...


  • Aesop Oil Free Facial Hydrating Serum: This purchase was a bit of a blunder... I had intended to buy the Parsley Seed Anti-Oxidant Serum, of which I used (and loved) a travel size over the summer. So when I picked up my "click & collect" and realized the mistake was my own, I was kicking myself... However, I had remembered using this years ago in Australia when my skin concerns were quite different, and thought I'd make another go of it to see what I think. And, while I'll save my full thoughts for my upcoming Morning Skincare Routine, it's doing wonders for my skin and makeup application. Lucky mistake.
  • Bobbi Brown Corrector in Light Bisque: This one is a repurchase and while it's probably my 5th pot overall, I ran out about 6 months ago and was attempting to "use up" other things before buying a new one. Well... I noticed after awhile that I was consistently unhappy with my under-eye circles, despite using other concealers I do like and recommend (I had previously been using them over the corrector). So, I bought a new one and I can't overstate how much of a difference it made. The first application was nothing short of miraculous, and I'll never be without it again!
  • Laura Mercier Honey Bath in Ambre Vanille: I've only heard good things about this and have wanted to try it for ages, so I finally treated myself post-holidays and bought it in the sales. It smells absolutely heavenly!! Am yet to try it out but I'm sure you'll see more of this beaut soon.
  • Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze & Glow: Another one I've heard exclusively positive reviews of, but was on the fence since I have so many other bronzers and highlighters. Well, as with every other Charlotte Tilbury product I've tried - this one makes me want to throw away everything else I own. It's freaking fabulous. Full review coming soon!
  • Sarah Chapman Skinesis Rapid Radiance Cleanse: I recently ran out of my Sunday Riley Ceramic Slip Cleanser (which I love and highly recommend), and after 2 bottles thought I'd try something new. This one was about 10 pounds cheaper, and also clay-based so I thought I'd give it a go to compare. I used it for the first time this morning and so far so good, but I'll give my full thoughts after using it more extensively.
I'm super excited about each and every one of these! Have you tried them? Let me know your thoughts in the comments below, or anything else you picked up in the sales and think I should try!

No comments:

Post a Comment