Wednesday, 28 January 2015

In-flight beauty

I'm leaving tomorrow on an impromptu trip home to New York to sort out some visa issues, which is annoying, but I also love a good excuse to visit. So no complaints. I'm staying for a month (!!), so expect to see some North American-inflected posts over the next few weeks. But to start, I thought I'd share what I'm taking with me on the plane.


Now, for someone who lived in Oz for 10 years, a short hop across the pond is child's play. So this is a slightly pared back selection. Nonetheless, once I leave Heathrow en route to JFK, the makeup will be immediately stripped using a bit of decanted Vichy Purete Thermal 3-in-1 Micellar Water. In place of a hydrating mask, I've included a dual-use product, my beloved Hourglass No. 28 Primer-Serum, which has a hefty dose of essential oils to keep my skin hydrated through the flight. I've also included the Hourglass No. 28 Lip Treatment Oil, to keep my lips hydrated without having to dip into a pot (people and things on planes are, after all, gross).

On Landing, I'll do a once over with the Vichy again, and pat a bit of the Hourglass serum into my skin. In fact, when I bought this the MUA told me the founder of Hourglass created this product specifically to revive her complexion after long-haul flights! And it really does do miracles. Score. Makeup-wise, I'm bringing along my Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation, mostly because it's in lightweight packaging, full coverage enough to double as concealer, and gives me a second option for the length of my trip. I'm being welcomed by my parents, so there's certainly no need for a full face of makeup. A bit of mascara - I'm bringing the Majolica Majorca Lash King that I got in Japan over summer, but am yet to try (if it's great, I'll let you know!), and a slick of Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in Boy is my face done. Last but not least, I had a tiny bit left of the Elizabeth and James Nirvana White rollerball, so I'll finish that up too for a quick refresher.

Planes wreak such havoc on skin, so I'd love to know - what are your in-flight saviours!?

No comments:

Post a Comment