Monday, 1 December 2014

November Favourites

November was a pretty quiet month on these pages, largely because I've been in Denmark for work for 3 of the past 4 weeks, sans camera. The upside is that the things I had with me got a seriously good workout, and luckily I found a handful of products that have really impressed me.



Bourjois Black Jack Volume Clubbing Mascara: After a series of flops trying out alternatives to my beloved Kevyn Aucoin The Essential Mascara, this month found me land on this fab (and much more affordable) mascara from Bourjois. It's apparently meant for clubbing, which is extremely far from my locus of activity, but it is outstanding for dark black lashes with serious volume, and it applies easily. It doesn't clump, and leaves my lashes very voluminous but also separated, and it lasts well with no smudging or transferring, too. My one complaint is I have a hunch it is making my lashes a bit dry, in part because it's not the easiest to remove, but I haven't been the most diligent using a separate eye makeup remover, either.

Sigma F84 Angled Top Kabuki brush: I have had this brush for years, and as it was more or less forgotten, I left it in my mini selection of usable but less desirable products I store in Copenhagen and use when I'm travelling for work (I commute between the UK and Denmark!). I was there for most of the past month and as this was my only foundation brush I began using it out of necessity and ended up falling in love with it! I've now brought it back to the UK with me and have been using it every single day. A great shape for covering a large area efficiently, but also getting in and around the eyes. It's a fairly dense synthetic brush, great for a fuller-coverage.

CO LAB dry shampoo in Rio: A recently released dry shampoo by blogger and youtuber Ruth Crilly from A Model Recommends. This is obviously doing the rounds in the blogging community, but I picked it up on my own accord and I have to say that it actually does live up to all the recent buzz. It has an (actually) invisible formula that on my fine hair is super volumizing but also very lightweight. Best of all, it does not give me that disgusting gunky buildup feeling that has you yearning to wash your hair immediately. In fact, I've been using it on second, and then third day hair and it deceivingly fresh. I have the Rio tropical scent and it's lovely.

Burberry Fresh Glow Nude Radiance No. 01: Described as a 'Luminous fluid base' this is not a product I would typically go for, since I'm usually attempting to tone down the 'glow' on my combo skin. But, I was hearing good things right about the time I spotted it in TKMaxx for a fraction of the RRP, so it came home with me. And, I've really been loving it! It is very subtle, and dries down without feeling like another heavy layer on my face, which is ultra important to me. I've been using it on my cheekbones under foundation, or on particularly dull skin days mixing a pump in with my foundation and it's great for slightly lifting the complexion on dehydrated autumn skin.

Essie summit of style: A fabulous glitter polish perfect for the holiday season. It's a slightly coppery, bronzed, burnished, vintage gold sort of shade. I've been wearing it over an oxblood red and it's the most beautiful festive combination. Full post coming soon. (note: the promo image in the link above does NOT do this shade justice!!)

Rituals Foaming Shower Gel in Yogi Flow (not pictured): I got this as a GWP in Copenhagen and used it every day I was away. It's the texture of a gel-to-foam shaving cream which has the benefit of not rinsing down the drain quite as quickly as a typical gel. The scent was absolutely amazing, and my main reason for loving this. It also left my skin scented for far longer than any other shower gel in memory which is a huge win in my book.

Lush Luxury Lush Pud bath bomb (not pictured): I picked this up in my lush haul, and finally used it this past week. And oh-em-gee. My bathwater was a cute multicoloured rainbow (when I texted a photo to Dean he thought it was a painting!) that settled to a pink-purple. The scent was unbelievably good and perfumed the apartment, and my skin for a good long while after the bath (24+ hours). By far my favourite bath bomb I've tried so far. It's limited for Christmas so go get one if you're interested!

I feel a bit like I hit a goldmine this month - it's not so often I encounter so many new products I love. What caught your fancy in November??

No comments:

Post a Comment