Wednesday, 17 December 2014

Date night makeup ft. Charlotte Tilbury Fallen Angel Palette

I wore this makeup a week or so ago for a date night out with Dean, and really liked it, so I posted a photo on Instagram. I thought in addition I'd show you what I used, because it includes the new Charlotte Tilbury Fallen Angel quad, as well as a few re-discoveries from my stash that I've become happily reacquainted with. It's fairly heavy on the eyes, and neutral and low maintenance on the lips - perfect for a date where eating, drinking and kissing are likely to ensue. Or, swap in a bold red lip and it would also make a killer look for a holiday party.

 

For base I started with 1 pump of my Burberry fresh glow along my cheekbones, for a luminosity boost. Next I applied my L'Oreal True Match Foundation (see my shade w. comparisons here) with a Real Techniques Buffing Brush. For slight correction under my eyes I used the peachy side of my Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage in SC02, and then topped with my MUFE Full Cover Concealer to brighten the area. I also spot concealed with the yellow-er side of the Secret Camouflage.

For eyes, I applied the Maybelline Colour Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze all over my lid as a base for my shadows. This bronzy-taupe really intensifies the pigment of the shadows I put over top, and makes them stay all night. For shadows I used the new Charlotte Tilbury Fallen Angel quad for Holiday 2014, placing the top-right taupe shade on the inner half of my lid, followed by the bronze shade on the outer half. I then placed a bit of the champagne shade under my brow, and blended the crease with the same bronzer I used on my face. Finally, I smudged some of the black shadow along my upper lashline for a slightly smokey look. Next, I filled in my brows with my Anastasia Brow Wiz, lined my waterline with my Anastasia Covet Waterproof eyeliner, and coated lashes with Bourjois Black Jack Volume Clubbing Mascara which featured in my November favourites.

To warm up my cheeks without competing with my eyes, I added a subtle sweep of the Soap & Glory Solar Powder bronzer which I really love - both the shade and finish are perfect. I've re-discovered Benefit Hervana blush over the past few weeks - it's a matte light slightly-warm pink shade that is great for adding life to the complexion without competing with bold eyes or lips. So, on the apples of my cheeks it went. Finally, with a light hand, I applied The Balm's Mary Lou-manizer to highlight my cheek bones.

On my lips went another old favourite that I had forgotten about - Revlon's Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Honey, a really pretty and super easy to apply and wear rosy-mauve shade. It's a great neutral for this time of year and while Dean may disagree, it's definitely on the kissable end of lip product proceedings, as its name promises.

No comments:

Post a Comment