Monday, 15 December 2014

Autumn empties

Though I do make a concerted effort to use up products (bar those that are terrible), given how excessive my stash is, it's still not too often that I finish things. That said, of course it's the case that the products I love and would happily continue using are precisely the ones that run out and require repurchasing. So I thought I'd make my 'empties' a seasonal (quarterly) feature so you can see what my thoughts are after the newness of a product has worn off.


Makeup

Bobbi Brown Corrector (Light Bisque)(not pictured): I rarely finish colour products, but base products are a different story. I've gone through probably 4 or 5 pots of this corrector, and I've been missing it dearly in the weeks since it ran out. A peachy-toned creamy concealer that corrects blue/purple circles under the eyes. For most normal people this would be an adequate concealer but my circles are particularly horrific so I use this under the next product.

NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Vanilla: This product requires no introduction - I've mentioned it countless times and it's my favourite concealer I've ever used. I've been scraping the sides of this one in desperation, but plan to buy a new one straight away. Great for under eyes and blemishes.

NARS Sheer Glow in Deauville: I've owned this since it first launched and whilst it's gone neglected for stretches of time, I was using this consistently throughout October and November and really fell in love with it. It has a luminous but not shiny finish, a medium coverage, and is surprisingly well-lasting on my combo-oily skin. I think anyone with combo-oily, combo-dry or normal skins would get on will with this one. I apply it with my Sigma angle topped kabuki and it's flawless whilst still being 'real' and not mask-like. And, Deauville is a great colour match for me. I have a tonne of foundations to 'get through' but would definitely consider repurchasing this one.

Skincare

Sunday Riley Ceramic Slip Face Cleanser: This was the second bottle I've finished, it having been my daily morning cleanser for the past year and a bit. This cleanser is thin, barely foaming, and contains clay. It keeps my skin balanced, but not stripped, and it does seem to help in keeping it clear in conjunction with my other skincare. It also effectively removes the remnants of mascara that may have been left on from the night before. I'm slightly tempted to try the Sarah Chapman Skinesis Rapid Radiance Cleanser next, but I still wholeheartedly recommend this product and would (and will) absolutely repurchase.

Rodial Dragon's Blood Sculpting Gel: This is my 3rd or 4th pot of this serum, which I've spoken about before. I'm a bit fuzzy on the active ingredients, but I do know that when I stop using it my skin looks worse, and when I resume it looks clearer and more vibrant. The packaging is also great - make sure once the pump runs out you twist the top off to get the remainder - this way you don't waste a drop of product! I've tried a few other products in the 'dragons blood' line and this is definitely my favourite. Highly recommended and will repurchase.

Indeed Labs Pepta-Bright: I did a full review of this one here, and I've been using it everyday since. It works great morning and night, including under makeup. A creamy and moisturising serum that effectively lightens pigmentation. And, in my opinion it's very affordable for such effective skincare. I've already bought a new tube.

Fragrance

Elizabeth & James Nirvana Black: This made it into my favourites a couple months ago, and I've been wearing it pretty constantly through Autumn. It's warm and sexy without being too heavy or OTT - notes of violet, sandalwood and vanilla - yum. My one gripe is since the (cool) bottle is opaque, it came as a surprise when it ran out! I do really love this (and the white version as well) and would definitely consider repurchasing on my next trip to the US (or, if/when it launches in the UK).

Jo Malone Peony & Blush Suede: This is the one anomaly of the lot - of course fragrances are personal and I know a lot of people love this one. But I was using it to use it up, really. I bought it on a whim when it first launched on a trip to London, knowing once I went back to Denmark I wouldn't be able to pick it up. And really from the start I regretted it. It's just far too floral for my tastes. It's girly without the sweetness, and the subtle suede doesn't do much for someone who appreciates the sexiness of deep woods. I've been layering it over Jo Malone Dark Amber and Ginger Lily, which I prefer, but overall I'm not sad to see it go!

No comments:

Post a Comment