Sunday, 2 November 2014

The blush tag

My first ever tag post! Inspired by the much loved Laura from Buynowbloglater who I'm still hoping will make a return to youtube :-D


  1. How many blushes do you own? 48. Hangs head in shame.
  2. What is your favourite blush brush? It's a toss up between MAC 168 Large Angled Contour Brush and the Real Techniques Blush Brush. When I want more precisely laid colour I go for the former, and when I'm using a light or no-fuss colour, or really need some blending action I use the latter.
  3. Cream vs. Powder? Powder. No competition. I have found a few cream blush formulas I like in the past year (I'm looking at you, NARS Matte Multiple, Dior Cheek Cremes and Chanel Creme Blush de Chanel), but regardless, I wear powder blush almost every day of the year. I find it lasts better on my combo skin and is more quick and effortless to apply. When I wear cream blush it's usually because I've made an effort to use unloved bits in my stash.
  4. Peach vs. Pink and favourites of each? Silly question! Why should I have to choose!? I don't draw lines in the sand like that but my favourites of each are Becca Flowerchild for peach and Dior Rosy Glow Healthy Glow Awakening Blush (who names these things?!) for pink. And, if I really had to pick a colour family it would probably be those neutral but still defining blushes like NARS Madly, Tarte Exposed or MAC Blushbaby. See what I did there?
  5. Drugstore vs. high end and favourites of each? High end. I actually own very very few drugstore blushes so I don't even think I can pick a favourite. My favourite high end probably changes with my underwear, but some of my favourites include Chanel Accent, Dior Rosy Glow, NARS Sin and NARS madly.
  6. Most overrated? I'm going to be controversial here and say the Tarte Amazonian Clay blushes. I have Exposed and Tipsy and while I love both colours I find the formula oddly hard in the pan. I'm not sure if everyone has this issue, but there's just something about the texture and application that I don't enjoy. That said once they're on they do look lovely.
  7. Most underrated? My most underrated shade I think is NARS Madly, because I've fallen madly in love with it over the last year. I think NARS describing it as a 'seashell pink' when it's far bronzier than that puts people off. But I freaking love it. Most underrated formula, or one I was surprised and blown away by is the Becca Mineral Blush (I have flowerchild) which is velvety soft, pigmented and creates the most gorgeous glow/sheen without any sparkly bits. And, finally, MAC blush palettes - mostly relative to how hyped the eyeshadows are. MAC's blush lineup is pretty fab (some of my faves are blushbaby, well dressed, springsheen, and trace gold).
  8. Worth the hype? I'm going to put my tail between my legs and say Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blushes. When they first launched I was a bit let down with mine in Radiant Magenta. It was lovely but I'm not sure I thought it was that amazing compared to other blushes I own. But, it's grown on me and does provide a luminosity that is really beautiful. I'm basically dying to get the matching blush palette from Space NK this week. It launches today.
  9. Top 5 blushes everyone should own? You're killing me! In no particular order: 1. NARS Sin (a gorgeous plum with gold sheen, perfect for Autumn), 2. NARS Madly (perfect all year round), 3. MAC Blushbaby (an essential shade, even if you opt for Tarte Exposed or NARS Douceur), 4. Dior Rosy Glow (I've been known to wear exclusively this for months at a time), and 5. NARS Orgasm (because even though it is super overdone I'm still surprised by how nice it's effect is each time I put it on).
  10. What blushes are on your wishlist? The Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush Palette. That is all.
You're all tagged! Let me know your answers below or blog the tag and send me a link! 

1 comment:

  1. Hi there! I'm Sarah of tatt2sandwarpaint.com. I just did this tag after reading your post. My tag response can be found here: http://tatt2sandwarpaint.com/2014/12/20/the-blush-tag/#more-1899

    ReplyDelete