Monday, 3 November 2014

My most reached for A/W eye products

Eyeshadow in general, but palettes in particular, are probably by biggest weakness when it comes to makeup. I have far too many but always seem to justify new acquisitions. As far as vices are concerned it's pretty vanilla, so what-evs. Here are the shadows I've been reaching for most this season.


Chanel Illusion d'Ombre in 837 Fatal: A sparkly cream-to-powder shadow and a good alternative to my usual champagne base shades. Fatal is a plummy-rusty-slightly bronzy shade that is great on its own, but also works as the perfect enhancement underneath other reddish-purplish toned shades that I like to wear this time of year.

Chanel Holiday 2013 Ombre Matelassees Eyeshadow Palette in Charming: This pick is a bit cruel because it was limited edition last year, but hey, honesty is key! This palette has the best formula of a any Chanel shadows I own and the shades provide the most gorgeous bronzy, sultry, smokey look on the eyes. Almost a slept-in, the morning after look, but in a good way. If I had to pick my 'sexiest' eyeshadow palette this would definitely be it.

Charlotte Tilbury Luxury Palette in Dolce Vita: I've been banging on about this a lot lately, but for good reason. The formula of these shadows is like butter - amongst my favourite I've ever tried. The shade range is perfectly autumnal, and the gold glitter shade is exquisitely executed - a sophisticated and festive sparkle without any garish, chunky glittery or fallout. A palette that is definitely worth the hype. Full review and swatches here.

Sonia Kashuk Eye on Neutral Matte Palette: By far the best value of the lot. 12 all-matte shades with as good a formula as any. I like wearing matte eyes when I'm going for a bold or vampy lip, and this palette has everything you'd need. Available at Target if you find yourself Stateside. Review and swatches here.

Becca Ombre Nudes Eye Palette: My newest addition, and so one I've been reaching for often. A warm brown matte palette with a full range of intensities. This palette doesn't necessarily excite me but it is very handy. Great on it's own or as a supplement to any of the others, and the perfect size for travelling. Review and swatches here.

NARS eyeshadow duos in Brousse (top) & Rajasthan (bottom): I often forget to use my single/duo eyeshadows but these two from NARS offer a gorgeous selection of slightly jewel-toned but still neutral shades that are perfect for Autumn. The left shade of Rajasthan is a fairly unique golden/pewter shade perfect for the lid, and any of the other three work both in the crease and as liner. It's as close as I get to colour, if I'm honest.

What have you been reaching for lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment