Friday, 31 October 2014

October favourites & fails

Hard to believe October is already over! One thing I'll never get used to living abroad is Christmas themed stuff appearing in shops and around the city before Halloween or Thanksgiving has arrived! Crazy talk. But, apparently Manchester is pretty well known for their Christmas markets, so to say I'm excited for the coming month is a massive understatement! Anyway, on to my favourites...



favourites:

Marc Jacobs Marvelous Mousse Transformative Foundation: I've spoken about this recently in a Autumn FOTD here, and done a full review, so I won't bang on about this too much but I rediscovered it this month and I'm loving it. I also discovered the brilliance of applying it with a flat, traditional foundation brush (which I never do), and it's made it much less of a faff as an everyday option.

Rimmel Kate Matte Lipstick in 107 Wine: Again, I've been talking a lot about this one but that comes with the territory of being a favourite! A gorgeous reddish berry shade in a surprisingly easy to wear formula. I've been wearing it most days.

GHD: Most people try to reduce heat styling but after foregoing it for a while now, I pulled this out again and have been loving how sleek and silky it makes my hair. I know GHD now have different versions and colours and what not but mine is the original classic straightener and it's serves me just fine! I'm fiercely loyal to it.

Zara slip ons: I kind of fell in love with these on the spot one day in Zara and I'm so glad I picked them up. I love that the mix of leather, fabric and leather whilst still being monochrome. They look surprisingly chic for what are essentially sneakers, and I've found them to pair well with a lot of different outfits. Check out what they look like on in my recent outfit post. They are current season so fingers crossed you can still snag them.

Elizabeth and James Nirvana Black EDP: After liking this but not thinking it was a standout when I bought it as part of a Sephora set back in March, this has really been growing on me more and more each time I wear it. It's perfect for the season - warm, woody but with the sweetness of vanilla. Alongside Giorgio Armani Si, it's been the only fragrance I've been wearing this Autumn.

fail:

Yankee Candle Home Sweet Home Candle: Dean and I bought this for the flat and while it smells great in the jar it had pretty rubbish scent throw. I've found much better candles for cheaper in the likes of TKMaxx lately, let alone some killer high end options, so given I already don't like the packaging, I think I'm done with Yankee Candle!

Let me know what you've been loving this October!

No comments:

Post a Comment