Wednesday, 8 October 2014

Makeup menu #3: Autumn edition

I've been wearing the same makeup look for most days the past few weeks, which never happens. I'll blame my excitement surrounding my new-ish Charlotte Tilbury quad, which I don't seem to be able to overlook. So, I thought I'd take the opportunity to share with you the products that have been gracing my face.


Before I get into the products just a little disclaimer - I apologise for the photos above! A little secret - I'm rubbish at using my (read: Dean's) camera, so when the settings get stuck doing something I don't want I struggle to fix it! Hopefully you at least get a decent colour representation, even if the brightness and contrast are a bit f'ed.
For base I applied L'Oreal True Match Foundation in Golden Ivory, followed by Maybelline Instant Age Rewind under my eyes, and NARS Radiant Creamy concealer under eyes and on any spots. I set my base with a healthy dose of By Terry Hyaluronic Hydra Powder down the centre of my face. I used a tiny bit of Soap & Glory Solar Powder in a "3" shape to warm up my complexion just a bit, and NARS Madly blush on my cheekbones. 
For eyes I applied MUFE Aqua Cream in #13 as an eye base to hold my shadows in place. I used the Charlotte Tilbury Eyeshadow Palette in Dolce Vita - the champagne shade all over my lid, with the brown shade blended into the crease, and just a tad of the rust shade in the outer corner and crease. I skipped eyeliner of the top lashline but used Anastasia Covet Waterproof Eyeliner in Black along my lower waterline, and added lashings of Maybelline The Butterfly Mascara (False Lash Flutter in the UK) to my lashes. My brows need a serious threading session, but I kept things simple (albeit a bit untamed) with Maybelline Brow Drama Sculpting Mascara in Medium Brown.
Last but not least, a sweep of Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in Boy, and that's lips done.
The camera is a bit unforgiving (and if I look tired it's because I am!) but in person I've really been loving this look. The eyes are just slightly smokey, and just slightly rusty - a combo that really makes my blue eyes pop. A slightly warm but neutral cheek and a 'my lips but better' nude make this a great look appropriate for day or night.

2 comments:

  1. The eye shadow palette is gorgeous, a lot of people seem to rave about it and I can`t wait to get my hands on it. Big fan of the Soap and Glory Powder, one of the best I tried.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The palette is ah-mazing!! I didn't really 'get' the hype until I tried it myself. It is as lovely as everyone says and totally worth it!

    ReplyDelete