Friday, 24 October 2014

An Autumn FOTD

Today's look is a simple daytime makeup using a few of my favourite Autumn products.


Base:

I recently pulled out my Marc Jacobs Marvellous Mousse Transformative Foundation (full review here) and fell in love with it all over again. I've been using my Real Techniques Foundation Brush, which I reached for randomly one morning only to discover it's the perfect match for this cream base. For concealer I've been using my new Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage in SC-2 - I have owned this before but not in a few years and I'm happy to have it again. I use the peach shade under my eyes to cancel out darkness and the yellow toned side on any scarring and blemishes. Finally, I set the centre of my face with the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Diffused Light.

Cheeks: 

On cheeks I'm using one of my all-time-favourite Autumn blushes, NARS Sin. It's a gorgeous plum shade with subtle golden shimmer - it's perfectly seasonal and imparts a really pretty and subtle radiance. 

Eyes:

On my eyes I used a combination of two NARS eye duos which I love but always seem to forget about. I used the left hand side of Rajasthan all over my lid - a golden/pewter/taupe shade that is really gorgeous. Through the crease I used the left hand side of the Brousse duo, a medium-deep sable. And for liner I used the right hand side of the same duo - a dark purple. Together these products create a slightly golden bronzy eye with a defined but not harsh, and ever-so-smoky lashline which I really love. To finish off I added a bit of definition to my brows using my Anastasia Brow Wiz, and lashings of mascara - I'm trying out Fiberwig at the moment (review coming soon!).

Lips:

A slick of MAC Syrup completes the look. Its a really pretty and very wearable plum shade in a comfortable and semi-glossy formula, and one I come back to each Fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment