Friday, 12 September 2014

The Want List #3: A/W 2014 Beauty

Autumn is hands down my favourite season - I find the colour palettes, textures, changing leaves, and slightly cooler weather all very beautiful. A hangover from school-aged days growing up in NY, September also signals a fresh start in the year. So it's no surprise that my want lists are mounting... here are the beauty bits I'm currently coveting.



Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze & Glow: God knows I don't need anymore highlighters, but I've only heard good things about this lovely duo. I typically embrace my pale skin (even in Summer) and am not one to use bronzer on the daily, but in recent weeks I have been enjoying a slightly warmed complexion. As the weather gets colder this is a great set to add a bit of shadow to the face and fake the appearance of glowy cheekbones despite the inevitable drying winter weather.

REN Flash Rinse 1 Minute Facial: A new quick-enough-to-use-in-the-shower mask from REN, I can't wait to give this a go. The perfect pick me up if you've been lazy with a lengthy mask ritual. The only other quick mask I've had like this one is the Bliss Triple Oxygen Mask and I quite liked it for an immediate result. My skin has a particularly positive track record with Vitamin C, the main active ingredient in the REN offering, so I have high hopes.

Jo Malone Wood Sage & Sea Salt Cologne: The recent hype surrounding this new launch had me very curious and it had squarely made my want list before even getting a sniff. Well, this past weekend Dean and I were in Selfridges shopping for his birthday gift, and I managed to sneek away to try a spritz. Not having grown up in the UK, this does not evoke all of the nostalgia that other bloggers have tried to put into words. It was pleasant for sure, and even strangely addictive. But, whether I need to have it, I'm not sure. It struck me as something I would enjoy wearing for a while but not a scent that would become a favourite or even warrant a repurchase. The jury is out, and since it's not LE I think I'll wait a while.

YSL Fusion Ink Foundation in BD20: The newest release from YSL, this foundation is billed as a super lightweight formula with a long-lasting semi-matte finish. The tagline is 'feels like a feather, wears like an ink' which is right up my alley since I prefer a medium semi-matte/satin finish but hate the feeling of heavy foundations. I've already been colour matched for this and BD20 was absolutely seamless but the counter had run out of samples so I may just go back and buy the full size outright.

Tom Ford Eye Colour Quad in Nude Dip: Believe it or not I've never owned anything from TF Beauty. Despite spending far too much money on cosmetics, I think living outside of the UK/US has meant that I've found brands like TF, Burberry, etc. hard to come by in store, and items this pricey are better not purchased blind. Then theres the problem of actually narrowing down what to get! Well, this palette, despite having very dupable shades, really just caught my eye. The formula looks absolutely luxe, and I think at this price point I would rather get shades I can wear everyday and compromise on uniqueness. Apparently this is projected to sell out but if I can track one down I think I may be swayed to hand over my card. Sorry not sorry.

Charlotte Tilbury Colour-Coded Eyeshadow Palette in Dolce Vita: I'm yet to own any Charlotte Tilbury eyeshadows (or anything for that matter!) but this much-raved about palette has really caught my attention. The colours are absolutely perfect or autumn and I think the burgundy/bronzey/olive shades will compliment my blue/green eyes. It's also much less dupable given the rest of my collection. I think if I had to prioritise one new palette for fall, this would be it.

Malin+Goetz Dark Rum Candle: Manchester has already become quite chilly, and now that September has arrived I'm really hanging for a new warming home scent. SpaceNK describes this candle as having "top notes of bergamot and plum, middle notes of rum and leather. The base notes of amber-patchouli and vanilla perfectly balances the sweet warm notes of rum." Basically, perfection.

What's topping your wishlist this autumn??

No comments:

Post a Comment