Friday, 26 September 2014

The sweet life: Charlotte Tilbury Dolce Vita review

I've been hearing great things about the Charlotte Tilbury Luxury Palette in Dolce Vita basically since it launched last year, but only recently made the purchase myself. The colour palette is very Autumnal, and while gorgeous I wasn't sure how often I'd reach for it. If I'm honest I was tempering my expectations a bit. I'm now eating my words (or I guess, thoughts?) because seriously... it is worth. the. hype.


The palette has 3 shimmer shadows and one glitter (the bottom left bronzy gold), and they are all absolutely beautiful. I've worn this every single day now since purchasing it, and I'm excited to get to use it each morning. The textures are soft and buttery, the pigmentation is superb, the colours blend seamlessly, my eye makeup has looked fresh after 12 hour+ days, and the glitter shadow provides a perfectly formulated, unique and beautiful way to amp up your look. Can you tell I'm in love?

A few of my favourite ways to wear this eye quad:

  • For day: I've been wearing the champagne shade on the lid and the khaki/brown in the crease. The light colour is my absolutely perfect champagne shade - not too pink, yellow or white/chalky - I think it may be my favourite shade of this family I've come across. I thought the darker shade was more of a green for a long while, but upon actually making the purchase it is definitely a khaki brown. It has a slightly taupey tone which pulls cool but also a slightly bronzy tone as well. It's a beautiful shade and works really well to add depth.
  • For Autumn: On days I'm feeling particularly seasonal, I've also been adding a bit of the rust shade in my crease to the above look. It's a subtle and chic way of wearing some colour, and it makes my blue eyes really pop.
  • For night: I've been wearing a slightly plum/rust toned cream eye shadow (e.g. Chanel Illusion d'Ombre in Fatal) with the brown shade on my lid, the rust in the crease, and a tiny bit of the champagne as a highlight. It's a darker, more sultry look that is perfect for the evening, without being a bog standard smokey eye.
  • For a statement: The gold glitter is absolutely beautiful. It has tiny glitter particles that are best pressed on the lid with a finger after applying the rest of your shadows (I've used it with all of the looks above). It warms up the look, and draws a beautiful light and sparkle that is delicate but makes a statement at the same time. And no fall out.
I haven't been this excited by a makeup purchase in a very long time. I almost want to just savour it but it's also got me really curious to try out other bits from the Charlotte Tilbury range. Hmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment