Sunday, 14 September 2014

Review: Maybelline BROWdrama Sculpting Brow Mascara

I'm usually fairly calculated with my purchases, but sometimes a bit of a gamble really does pay off. I recently popped the Maybelline BROWdrama Sculpting Brow Mascara in the shade Medium Brown into my basket as part of a Boots 3 for 2 offer (see my full haul here), and I'm so glad I did.


Labelled a 'brow mascara', this product is essentially a tinted brow gel, which adds colour and definition to brows, and holds them in place all with the sweep of a single product. I'm yet to try similar products like the Benefit Gimme Brow, but after finding this cheaper alternative I don't really have any need. The Maybelline offering comes with a bulbous wand, with rigid bristles, perfect for combing through and shaping brows without any clumping at all. Most importantly, the tube has a restricted opening, which means the brush is left with just the perfect amount of product. It almost looks bare until you go to apply it, and it leaves the most perfectly natural looking, subtle but effective, tint. I've found application to be almost fool proof.

Obviously this only adheres to your existing eye brows, so if you're looking for very precise re-shaping or filling in gaps this isn't the most appropriate product. But, if you have reasonably full eyebrows and just want a slightly more groomed look then this product is fantastic. I've seen that Rimmel has recently released a similar product but after playing with the tester at Boots I much preferred this option. I can't speak to the Rimmel formula, but the brush came out super gloopy with far too much product, which will turn into either a waste or a mess, or both. This Maybelline offering on the other hand is my new go-to brow product and acts as an all-in-one replacement for my spooly, brow wiz and brow gel. A great find.

No comments:

Post a Comment