Wednesday, 3 September 2014

Natural nails

When I think of a chic manicure, natural nails is certainly not the first thing to come to mind. But, having traveled for most of this summer I've found myself sans polish a disproportionate amount of time, and in addition to being convenient, I've actually also noticed that the condition of my nails is the best it's been in years. Long, strong, and whiter tips are all good in my book. As it turns out, well manicured natural nails have a certain easygoing but sophisticated appeal .



Soft nails are less likely to be damaged by clippers and files, so soak your tips in some warm water for a couple minutes. Next I clip my nails to the desired length and shape the edges with a glass file. I'm a huge believer in glass files for less damage and a smooth finish, and I literally never leave the house without this Manicare baby in tow.  Apply a bit of OPI cuticle oil to soften the skin, then push back and trim if you want. This is a wholly unnecessary step hygiene wise (probably worse for you), but it does give a much more elongated look to the nails - mine tend to look a bit wide and stumpy otherwise so this is important for me! Once nails dry I go in with a Model's Own 4-sided nail buffer - I skip side 1 since my nails are already filed at this point, but do steps 2-4 (buff-smooth-shine) for a ridge-free and polished finish. Finally, I paint on a coat of OPI's Original Nail Envy Nail Strengthener which provides a welcomed clear gloss and strengthens nails at the same time. Throw the travel version of OPI's Avoplex Cuticle Oil in your handbag for keeping nails looking hydrated and nourished on the go. No genius really, but I know I'm not the only one who has covered some sorry looking nails with polish to make them look presentable. Now you'll have no need.


No comments:

Post a Comment