Wednesday, 24 September 2014

Gym-appropriate makeup

So.... after not exercising in about a decade (wouldn't recommend doing that!), I made a drastic decision a couple weeks ago and joined a gym. After a brief Anchorman "I immediately regret this decision" moment, my next thought was what makeup does one wear to a gym!? The reasonable answer is probably none, but I don't claim to be reasonable. Plus, as an extreme newcomer to the gym atmosphere, the last thing I wanted to worry about on top of my relative inadequacy fitness-wise, was how my face looked! If you saw me flailing about trying to do leg raises you'd know what I'm on about. So here are some simple, sweat-proof options that appear effortless but do just enough so you can focus on your workout.


MUFE Full Cover Extreme Camouflage Cream Waterproof: Foundation is a big no-no. The last thing I want when I'm sweating my ass off is the feel of a heavy product on my face, or the worry that it's blocking my pores or smudging all over the joint. I've been using this concealer under eyes and on any discolouration or blemishes and it really does the trick. It's thick but just creamy enough, and is full coverage and water resistant. It makes me feel confident enough with my skin that I can be preoccupied with other things.

Rimmel 100% Waterproof Mascara: I like this for its staying properties but it's a gym-only product for me. As a mascara I'm not particularly impressed, and I'm sure there are better options out there (like, perhaps, Urban Decay's Cannon Ball mascara which I'm yet to try). I wouldn't wear this as my daily mascara of choice but if I'm sweating or swimming it's a reliable option for defined and smudge-proof lashes.

MUFE Aqua Cream in #13: A longtime favourite, I've mentioned this quite a few times. It's one of my go-to eye bases anyway because its lasting power is so good. Turns out it's also waterproof, and looks great on its own to brighten the eyes.

Becca Beach Tint Water Resistant Colour for Cheeks and Lips in Grapefruit: I certainly don't want to look too 'done up' at the gym but a bit of colour never killed anyone. The Becca beach tints are super light weight, natural looking, and work as a perfect subtle stain equally well on both lips and cheeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment