Wednesday, 10 September 2014

A Boots haul...

One qualm I had living in both Australia and Denmark is that so-called 'drugstore' brands are exorbitantly overpriced. So much so that if you are going to indulge at all, you may as well just go for high-end brands, because the cheapie end, is really no bargain at all! So I'd be lying if I said the football-field sized Boots in Central Manchester doesn't have me a bit weak in the knees. Enter my first Boots haul! woop woop!


Photo 1:
First up are three Maybelline products, and I won't lie, the 3 for 2 certainly instigated these. I had used the mousse foundation years ago, well before really getting 'into' makeup, and the latest release in the line is called the Maybelline Dream Satin Liquid foundation, an oil-free formula for normal skin that promises to erase pores. Sold. I picked up shade 10 Ivory, and so far so good. I also came across the new Maybelline BROWdrama Brow Sculpting Mascara in Medium Brown and spoiler alert: it's awesome (review coming soon!). To round out the deal I picked up another Maybelline Color Elixer, this time in shade 135 Raspberry Rhapsody, a gorgeous plummy-pink in a pigmented non-sticky formula, that is an exception to my I-hate-lipgloss rule.

Next up is a second foundation, the L'Oreal True Match foundation in colour D1-W1 Golden Ivory, a perfect shade for me. I've heard all manner of raves about this and its similarity to Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk so I finally bit the bullet, and will let you know how I get on. A freebie liner pen, the Super Liner So Couture was an added bonus. I've also heard a lot of love recently for the Soap & Glory Solar Powder, and I've been dabbling a bit more in bronzer over the past few weeks, so the buy one get one half off deal (do you see a theme developing here?) saw me pop one in my trolley. Last but not least, I came across this lonely polish on a shelf of its own and was oddly drawn to it - it's nails inc. Gel effect polish in Lexington Gardens - brighter than a pastel, but not quite a muted neon purple, it's more summer than autumn but I just painted my nails with it and I like.

Photo 2:
On to skincare, body and hair! I've been in desperate need of an eye cream for ages now, but had been putting it off since they tend to be very expensive and not particularly exciting. I saw this La Roche-Posay Redermic [R] for Eyes on sale, and went for it reviews unseen. It's a retinol based anti-ageing eye cream - I'll update you if it's any good.

Even though body mists are very middle school, I had been feeling a slight pull to pick one up - it's a refreshing, cheap way to wear a very girly/sweet scent that I would never go for in full-on perfume form! I picked up the Ted Baker Sweet On You Body Spray Duo and and been misting at will each morning. I've heard Estee rave about the Soap & Glory Orangeasm body wash so in my basket it went at well.

Finally, I mentioned in my In & Out post that I'm completely over my hair, so I picked up 3 different products to avoid dealing with it! A small bun doughnut, a few simple elasticated headbands, and these spiral hairbands that I've seen a few girls wearing. Anything to not have to properly style my hair down.

Photo 3:
Some pretty sunflowers that Dean got me for being brave getting my stitches out, and to which I came home, with this haul in hand. Cue collective awww.

No comments:

Post a Comment