Sunday, 17 August 2014

The Sunday Sesh #2: 'I finally have a bath!' edition

Wouldn't you know - my fifth apartment (and fourth country!) since moving out of home 10 years ago, and I finally have my very first bath! This is big, people! For years I've had to listen to people gush about their favourite bath products on blogs and YouTube, leading me to have one steadfast rule - holiday hotels must have a nice standalone bath. Thanks to my recent move to the UK, this mainstay for relaxation can now be mine in my very own home! (said with all the exuberance of the Price is Right announcer, of course!). Check out this week's Sunday evening ritual... the perfect way to savour the final moments of the weekend and get ready for a busy week ahead.


The bath

Not the most luxurious experience, but a good slough with a body brush on dry skin does wonders for exfoliation. I've yet to make this part of a regular routine but it can be oddly satisfying.  Using thElemis Spa@Home Body Detox Skin Brush, in long motions towards your heart is meant to aid detoxification, but I can assure you it definitely leaves skin super duper smooth. For my bath itself I'm using a cocktail of Therapie Himalayan Detox Salts and Aromatherapy Associates Bath & Shower Oil in Revive Evening. The salts have a cult following because they literally knock you out. I began a disbeliever but was quickly converted - these things claim to aid sleep and they really do work. When I use them I can feel my blood pressure rise in the bath - not in a scary way, just in a 'good circulation' way, and I'm assuming as your body cools after the bath you drift to sleep. Either way, they smell herbaceous, spa-like and totally relaxing. Perfectly complimented by the bath oil for smooth and well-nourished skin. An extremely luxe combo. 

The treatments: 

Sunday funday is all about treating yourself, so I take care to look after my face, body and hair. While in the bath I smooth on a face mask - this time I'm using Jurlique Intense Recovery Mask - a clay-based mask that claims to clarify and hydrate skin at the same time. It's not the best clarifying mask I've used, but it is a great middle ground for cleansing skin without leaving it stripped. (If I'm honest, for the price, I'd probably recommend the Aesop mask over this one!) Right before getting out of the bath, I smooth over Therapie Cherish Skin Repair Serum, a lovely aromatherapy skin conditioner that is great for skin and smells super relaxing. It's packed with essential oils, so a bit strong and oily for daytime, but it's the perfect overnight treatment. I got mine along with the bath salts and some other bits in the Discovery Kit available on Cult Beauty - perfect both for travel and a highly recommend way to trial the brand. Last up, I'll throw my hair in a turban with a good dose of the Philip Kingsley Elasticizer and sleep in it before washing out Monday Morning.

The perfect lineup for relaxation and revitalisation at the week's end.

No comments:

Post a Comment