Wednesday, 20 August 2014

Scrubs

Pardon me if I interrupt your late-90s TLC dance party with a quick beauty post. Dissapointingly, I'm not talking about guys who think they're fly (also known as bustas), and these scrubs certainly do get a fair bit of love from me... I'm referring to these happy new additions to my shower, two exfoliating offerings from Soap & Glory that have both face and body covered.



Soap & Glory Scrubatomic: I gave up physical facial scrubs for the better part of a year in favour of more gentle acid alternatives, but I'd been feeling that my skin was a bit congested - not broken out, just some blocked pores that I felt would be better addressed with a good slough. A mix of good reviews and a sort of elation at my new found access to Boots led me to Scrubatomic. Billed as a daily facial polish for all skin types, this scrub has both AHAs and exfoliating beads, i.e. the best of both worlds. It smells deliciously of peach, and contains fruit acids, clay, antioxidants, and shea butter. Recommended use is 4-7 times per week and for my tending-towards-sensitive skin this is way too much - 1-2 times a week has me sorted. But, it's non-drying and is an affordable option that gets the job done when you really need a proper exfoliating session.

Soap & Glory The Breakfast Scrub: I cannot even put into words how glorious this product smells. Like proper maple syrup, with banana, honey, and almond. The pot warns that "this is not a food", and it's a reasonable precaution to take! It's called The Breakfast Scrub, and this stuff really does settle a craving for a stack of pancakes. The smell alone makes this a worthwhile purchase, but luckily it's also a perfectly effective body scrub. Skin is left smooth and hydrated, but without a greasy film, and ever so lightly sweetly scented. A serious winner.

And there we have it. Dare I say that with these two in tow, I don't want no [other] scrubs.

No comments:

Post a Comment