Sunday, 17 August 2014

I'm back!

Just checking in to let you know that after a swift 2 month hiatus I'm officially back to blogging! In this time I've packed up my life for an international move, attended multiple conferences for work during a 3+ week trip to France, The Netherlands and Japan, made a few quick stops in Copenhagen, visited a friend in Oxford, had a good friend visit Dean and I from Korea, and gone a fair way settling into our new flat in Manchester, UK!! To say it has been busy and exciting is an understatement! Some snippets below for your viewing pleasure, but check out my instagram for more regular updates on what I'm up to.


My summer has not been at all relaxing but it has been super fun. I got to catch up with friends in all of the above said countries, many of whom I had not seen in months going on years. The more Dean and I move around the harder it can be see friends regularly, but the flipside is that we have people we care about literally all over the world. It was my first time in Amsterdam and in Tokyo, two cities I fell in love with and I vow to revisit over and over.

We've now been in Manchester going on three weeks, mostly spending the time settling into the flat, unpacking, stocking the kitchen, and doing other fun home-related things, which thankfully we both love. I've been doing my best to tap into the twitter scene in Manchester to find new venues but please do send through any tips or recommendations you may have for things to do and places to eat, drink, etc! Now that I'm achieving a new normal, I'm also going to resume my regular Mon-Wed-Fri-Sun blogging schedule, this time with all the inspiration that comes from exploring the shops and offers a new country has to offer. First new post is coming at you this evening... stay tuned!

Cat xx

No comments:

Post a Comment