Friday, 9 May 2014

Unsung heroes #1

The churn of new releases in the beauty world often leads to mounting wishlists and makeup collections suitable in size for a small village. Today I'm putting the brakes on and talking about three unsung heroes - not necessarily new and snazzy, but staple products in my stash that I love and that deserve their moment in the spotlight.


MAC Paint Pot in Painterly - I've used this nearly every day for the better part of the past year, and at least intermittently before that, and I'm still on the same pot. A matte, cream, flesh-toned eye base that works to cancel any redness, blueness or veins on my eyelids, and helps keep my shadows in place and prevent creasing. Since it's matte, whatever you put on top of it shows up true to shade and finish. This matches my complexion almost perfectly but if you are darker skinned MAC does offer other shades.

MAC Mineralize Blush in Warm Soul - Even though I've never spoken about this before, it's a go-to blush for me all year round. It's a rosy-bronze with gold shimmer. In summer it works to give you a warm glow, and in the winter on pale skin the more rosy-berry tones show through. Perfectly versatile and one I've gotten a tonne of milage out of.

NARS Eyeshadow Duo in Portobello - Two matte mid-tone browns, one slightly warmer than the other. These create enough definition for a look on their own but for me it's the perfect duo to blend out my crease. As I've mentioned before I use a shade like this every single day, so while this duo won't look like the most exciting in a lineup, it's incredibly useful to have.

Ever since going on my beauty blogger buying ban, I've been having a lot of fun shopping my stash. What are some of your go-to but not often raved about faves?

No comments:

Post a Comment