Sunday, 11 May 2014

Top 5 - S/S fragrances

When the weather gets warm I change out my fragrance shelf just like I switch up my wardrobe. Just as a warm sexy fragrance can keep you feeling cozy in winter, a light and bright fragrance can keep you feeling fresh in spring and summer. Three new entries have joined two of last year's favourites - see which fragrances round out my top 5.



  1. Elizabeth and James Nirvana White EDPPeony, Muguet, Tender Musk. I tried this in store when I was in New York and got the mini rollerball in this Sephora Set. I did not expect to like this but it's a beautiful fresh floral scent (not granny floral or powdery at all). This lifts my mood every time I wear it.
  2. Jo Malone Nectarine Blossom & Honey Cologne -  Nectarine, Peach, Cassis, Spring Flowers, Acacia Honey. Perhaps my favourite Jo Malone scent of all time. This is the perfect fresh fruity scent with a bit of of sweetness and warmth from the honey. It's easy to wear and perfect day or night in S/S. This is my second bottle.
  3. Giorgio Armani Si EDPblackcurrant nectar, modern chypre and light musky wood. This fragrance combines fruity nectars, blackcurrant, bergamot, rose and jasmine with warmer lighter woods, patchouli and vanilla. It retains a fruitiness but is warm and sexy at the same time. It was a gift from Dean, and it's the perfect scent for warm summer nights. 
  4. Maison Martin Margiela REPLICA Beach Walk EDT - bergamot, coconut milk, lemon, pink pepper, and musk. I got this when it launched last year. There was no um-ing and ah-ing - I purchased it on first spray and I'm so glad I did. It smells like the beach, but in my opinion it's more sophistocated than the Bobbi Brown or Estee Lauder versions. Think a pristine luxury beach resort, not Banana Boat sunscreen. It also means you don't need to be at the beach to feel appropriate wearing this - it's more of a tribute to a familiar experience which is exactly what the Replica line is all about.
  5. Burberry Body Tender EDT -  Lemon, Rose, Musk. A fruity-chypre scent that is reminiscent of the original Body, but less cloying and powdery. I love the intense version for Winter, and this is the perfect S/S counterpart.

No comments:

Post a Comment