Wednesday, 16 April 2014

Top 5: S/S powder blushes

Today in my S/S Top 5 series I'm gushing about my favourite seasonal blushes.

Clockwise from Top Left: NARS Sex Appeal, NARS Madly, Becca Flowerchild, Tarte Tipsy, Dior Rosy Glow

Let's cut to the chase. Spring and Summer - flowers, warm weather, picnics and sunlight. I'm not one for maintaining strict beauty rules but I am drawn to more fresh and brightening makeup in the warmer months. Here are 5 blushes that will be getting a serious workout this season.

NARS Sex Appeal - A very light matte true peach shade. This is the perfect peach blush for light and bright pastel looks (I'm thinking of this look or this look by Lisa Eldridge - amaze). Apologies to those less pastey girls among us, but this will only work on very light skintones.

NARS Madly - Nars describes this as a 'seashell pink' and I really don't get that. This is more of a bronze blush that is only slighly pink, but which I think will lean more warm or pink (but not orange) depending on your undertones. I love this blush because it does an amazing job to warm up the face, takes care of blush, bronzer and highlighter in one, and is still neutral enough to not compete with anything else you have going on with your look. This is to summer what something like Tarte Exposed or Nars Douceur is in Fall and Winter.

Becca Mineral Blush in Flowerchild - I've talked about this before, but it's bloody brilliant. Soft, pigmented and super easy to blend, this is a formula I would like to own more of. This has replaced the likes of Nars Orgasm, MAC Springsheen or even Benefit's Coralista as my top pick for a pinky-coral blush with a pretty golden sheen that lifts, brightens and highlights the cheeks.

Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hour Blush in tipsy - A super vibrant matte coral blush. I don't get on as well with this formula as it appears other people do - I find it very hard in the pan. But, once on the face this colour speaks for itself and it lasts a long while too.

Dior Rosy Glow Healthy Glow Awakening Blush in 001 Petal - This matte blush appears to be a shocking super cool-toned pink in the pan but supposedly adapts to your skintone. I don't buy that this 'feature' has anything to do with the formula - I really just think that a shade this cool will be warmed up to varying degrees depending on your natural tones. Whatever the case this is one of my all time favourite colour products. I wore it to death last summer and plan to do the same this year. I wear this on its own, over Dior Cheek Creme in Capri, or sometimes only on the apples with a more neutral blush (like Madly, above). It's love.

What are your fave blush shades for S/S? Let me know what I'm missing out on!

No comments:

Post a Comment