Sunday, 27 April 2014

Top 5: S/S lip colours

Spring has sprung (*cringe* - def one of my all time least favourite expressions), and that means bright lips feel right again. Check out my top 5 for this S/S.


YSL Rouge Pur Couture 13 L'Orange: The perfect hot orange/red. I find this to be such a flattering shade - it's super bright, fun and in your face, and at least to me feels so much easier to pull off than a deep or blue-based red. It's the kind of colour that instantly lifts any outfit. The YSL offering smells divine, has a sheeny finish and is non-drying. For more matte and budget versions of the same shade, check out my 'the hot red lip' post.

MAC Girl About Town (amplified): A classic and for good reason. This is my favourite bold bright fuchsia lip. A very pigmented blue-based pink that makes teeth appear brighter to boot. If you apply in layers and blot in between it will last you a long while too.

Bobbi Brown Sheer Lip Color in Rosy 11: This one is decidedly less bold that the former 2 options. When I think of 'rose' I almost think of a kind of muted even mauve-ish colour but this lipstick is not that at all. It's a vibrant reddish rosy pink that is wearable but brightening for spring. It's not a thick, heavy or matte formula (hence the 'sheer' in the title) but I actually think the name is a bit deceiving. It's a properly pigmented lipstick that is true to colour from bullet to lips.

YSL Volupte Sheer Candy #10 Tangy Mandarine (I think!): These last 2 options are my sheerer, everyday, no-mirror-needed picks. This one is a gorgeous coral/orange that applies sheer and glossy. It was probably my most-worn lip product last summer. Smells amazing like all YSL lip products and the packaging is totally luxe (I much prefer the silver than the gold). The label has worn off but after a bit of searching I'm nearly positive this is #10.

Dior Addict High Shine in 864 Rose Croquis: The feel of this on the lips is very similar to the YSL Sheer Candy - a balmy texture that delivers more pigment than an actual balm. Score. This is the more toned down and easy to wear answer to Girl About Town. A bright true blue-based pink in a comfortable no fuss formula.

What lippies will you be sporting this Spring/Summer? Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment