Wednesday, 26 March 2014

US drugstore haulage #2

I promise the excessive number of hauls will subside soon-ish, but I couldn't help but share this very carefully chosen selection of US-exclusive drugstore bits. The palette and the Wet Brush were the primary instigators for my trip to Target, and as I was browsing I came across a few more bits that I had in the back of my mind from raves by the likes of Estee, Anna and Lily.


OK - Let's start with the star of the show, the Sonia Kashuk Eye on Neutral 02 eye palette. I've been lusting after this baby ever since Michele reviewed this on her channel. It is an all-matte eye palette with 12 shades ranging from light-medium-smokey and warm-cool. It can be easily worn on it's own for a matte neutral eye, and it's the perfect palette to supplement all those others that tend towards the shimmery side. From first look it seems to have every shade I'd consider essential for my ideal matte palette of this kind. Full review and swatches coming up once I've had some more time to play around with this one, but I've already tried it out once and was very impressed. I snagged the last one in the store - it was a sign.

Next up is The Wet Brush which I mentioned I was tempted to try in my battle of the detangling hair brushes post. I'll probably update my thoughts after I try this out properly but from first impression the bristles seem thinner and a lot more flexible than the Tangle Teezer Aqua Splash which is also aimed at wet/damp hair. I've only heard good things about this so I'm excited to see how it compares.

The L'Oreal Infallible 24Hr shadows are not new to me but I've always found the colour range a bit limited. So, I took the opportunity to pick up 3 US-exclusive shades - Amber Rush, Bronzed Taupe and Bottomless Java which are more true to my neutral tastes. If you're a fan of a metallic eye these are as good as it gets.

Finally, the NYX Butter Glosses in shades in Strawberry Parfait and Tiramisu. A bit of a strange pick for me because I'm really not a lipgloss girl. I've gotten rid of probably 90% of all the lipglosses I've ever owned. These are meant to have a lovely, non-sticky formula so we'll see how I get on. I'm thinking as the weather warms up and a top-knot excludes the hair in the lipgloss possibility, I may warm up to these.

I'd typically ask for your picks and recommendations but I'm pretty sure my wallet is officially closed for business.

No comments:

Post a Comment