Friday, 14 March 2014

Review: Revlon Highlighting Palette in 030 Bronze Glow

I first heard about the Revlon Highlighting Palette from Amelia of Liana Beauty and as someone who has no qualms recommending super high-end products I somehow trusted her rave of this budget-buy even more. So, when I was perusing the drugstore recently in NY I saw this and thought it looked just as pretty as she had described. In my basket went shade 030 Bronze Glow (the other shade - Rose Glow is lighter and pinkier). So what do I think?


I wore this out the night I bought it because I was particularly excited about it, and it has totally lived up to my expectations. The product is very finely milled and offers more of a sheen than any sparkle or glitter (win). Using my Real Techniques Blush Brush I swirled all of the colours together before applying to cheeks. I noticed immediately that the powder is very buttery meaning the brush picks up a lot of pigment and is prone to going powdery in the compact. A light hand is therefore preferable - I tapped off my brush and dabbed the excess on the back of my hand before applying to my cheeks. The product blended easily and flawlessly on the skin. The effect was absolutely beautiful. A plummy, rosy-bronze shade that managed to fill the shoes of blush, bronzer and highlighter all in one. Score.

For kicks I decided to try the individual stripes as eyeshadow today. The result? impressive. Applied with a Maybelline 24hr colour tattoo as a base, I applied the second rosy strip on the inner half of my lid, the 3rd bronzy stripe on the outer half, blended the outer corner and into the crease with the bottom brown stripe, and used the white strip as a highlight. The overall look was a pretty, dramatic for day but still wearable bronzy look that did wonders to emphasise my blue eyes. I'm writing this 8 hours since application and it looks the same as when first swept on - no fading or creasing in sight. So, as an added bonus to a beautiful cheek palette, if used individually these shades also double as flattering neutral eyeshadows. You really can't ask for more.

Revlon nailed it with this offering and I'd highly recommend it, irrespective of the price point, which lucky for us is super affordable.

No comments:

Post a Comment