Sunday, 9 March 2014

Review: Embryolisse Lait-Crème Concentrè

I first came across Embryolisee Lait-Crème Concentrè through the Pixiwoo girls, and it seemed a bit of a do-it-all wonder product in the beauty industry - a 3-in-1 makeup remover, mosituriser and primer. When I moved to Denmark it became very easy to come by so I picked it up to see what I thought. I've now used it on and off for the past year - for many months as my sole morning moisturiser, and more recently as a go-to for specific circumstances. Here's what I think...


I have tried it as a makeup remover - it does work if you're in a pinch or travelling but I wouldn't purchase this for that purpose alone, since I think other products do a better job. I think it shines much more for its moisturising/priming functions. It's a basic, non-irritating, ok for sensitive skin, moisturiser. It manages to be rich and nourishing but has an almost whipped or airy texture evidenced by the weight of the tube which is surprisingly light given its size when full. This cream is my morning answer to my nighttime use of La Roche-Posay Effaclar H that I spoke about here - the perfect calming boost of moisture that remedies dehydration without being too rich or too potent to anger my sometimes breakout-prone combo-oily skin.

In terms of priming - it does create a very nice base for makeup but one that veers on the hydrated/dewy end of the spectrum. If you're looking for longevity or more lasting power I don't think this is that kind of primer. That said, it also doesn't go slippy or greasy on my skin either - fairly neutral I would say. If you have dry or dehydrated skin, I think this is an excellent product to nourish the skin and prep it for makeup without worrying about product clinging to dry patches, feeling tight, etc.

I no longer use this on a daily basis but it does serve an important purpose in my skincare stash and I'll continue to have it on hand for days when my skin needs extra hydration or is a bit reactive and I still want to wear a full face of makeup.

It is available from Matas/Magasin (Denmark), Cult Beauty (UK/World) but if you're stocking up on other French Pharmacy stuff it's way cheaper from easyparapharmacie.com (UK/Europe).

No comments:

Post a Comment