Monday, 24 March 2014

Healthy-scalp hero

Another entry in my search for the ideal healthy-scalp, growth-stimulating, volumizing hair routine. A girl can dream, right? It turns out you may not have to with Philip B. Peppermint & Avocado Volumizing & Clarifying Shampoo.


I came across this shampoo on Cult Beauty and soon after heard Ameila from Liana Beauty rave about it. Now, she has magazine-worthy long and gorgeous waves with what only looks like a very full head of hair. So, any claims of volumizing I was rightfully weary of. But, I was curious (read: desperate) enough to see how I might get on.

This shampoo is pretty bloody brilliant. Miracles? Maybe not quite. But, it does exactly what it says on the bottle. This shampoo has a heavy dose of peppermint which really works to stimulate the scalp - a very invigorating and refreshing minty tingle that works a treat for stimulating hair growth. It feels very cooling which also makes it feel like it's really working, and it doubles as a morning pick-me-up. It is clarifying too, which keeps the scalp clear of follicle blocking build-up - a strict no-no if you're worried about hair thinning. The avocado ensures it is not stripping, and I've actually been using this every time I wash my hair (every other day) and it's been totally fine moisture-wise. If your hair is on the drier side I'd recommend this as more of a weekly deep clean. My hair has been more voluminous and less flat/dull/lifeless since using this which in my book makes it a clear winner.

The downside? It is very low foaming which is not a problem in itself (probably better) but it does make it difficult to distribute the product through the whole scalp. So, application feels a bit laborious, though once it's on, as I said, it feels freaking fab. The consequence is that this is running out at an alarming rate. At 25 pounds this is not a moot point, but for now it's the best healthy-scalp shampoo I've found.

2 comments:

  1. I've been looking for something like this, as I work as a swim teacher and the chlorine and chemicals in the pool are damaging my hair. Love the scent of peppermint and what it does for you, the only thing is that my hair is naturally very thick and I was hoping this shampoo doesn't make it look frizzy or humongous haha :). I might look into purchasing it myself because of such positive reviews!

    Clever Spice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I was endowed with your naturally thick hair! This is excellent for the scalp and the peppermint is divine. If your ends are dry I'd be sure to use it in conjunction with a good conditioner. xx

      Delete