Friday, 28 March 2014

3 must-have metallics

Three jaw-dropping metallics at a budget-friendly price. That's what I'm talking about.

(Single swipe, natural light) L-R: Amber Rush, Bronzed Taupe, Bottomless Java
I've been a fan of the L'Oreal Infallible 24 Hr Eyeshadows since they launched a few years ago. The formula is fantastic - a velvety smooth, intensely pigmented, very metallic, pressed pigment. The formula is indistinguishable from the Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill Intense eyeshadows (of which I have many) for a fraction of the cost (score). I've owned 2 of these in the past and gave them away in my recent makeup cleanse, more because I wasn't a fan of the colours than because of anything else. So, I took the liberty to pick up 3 US-exclusive shades that are absolutely stunning and that I think you need to include on your American beauty wishlist.

Amber Rush - A mid-tone warm bronze champagne, just enough pink to not go orangey.
Bronzed Taupe - A cool-toned taupe with a patina/bronze finish, just like the name says.
Bottomless Java - A rich red-toned dark brown with bronze and gold shimmer.

These shadows are super high quality, blend easily, and surprisingly, do not experience fall out. I find I get a slightly more subtle look if patted or swiped on with a MAC 239, and the look tends to be more metallic when applied with fingers. These could easily comprise a sweep-and-go single-shadow look if that's your thang, but I also like blending out the crease with a matte shade and it's simple and gorgeous. I've been wearing these constantly since picking them up and over a base they last all day with no fading or creasing. I would wholeheartedly recommend this formula, and these shades in particular if you happen to be in the States.

No comments:

Post a Comment