Wednesday, 19 February 2014

My mac palettes: what made the cut

I mentioned in a post last week that I did a big clear-out of my makeup stash. The brand hardest hit was mac - while some products are better than others, it was mostly because once upon a time I was a bit overzealous with my purchases. My stash has now been freed of about 23 eyeshadows housed in 2 15-pan palettes, and a full 6-pan blush palette. I'm now left with 2 blush palettes, 2 eyeshadow palettes, and a quad. Still excessive, to be sure. But more importantly, what made the cut?

[Row 1] Mylar, Brule, Pincurl (LE), Hypnotizing (LE), Patina
[Row 2] Dazzlelight, Phloof, Crystal, Stain Taupe, Sumptuous Olive
[Row 3] Goldbit (LE), Naked Lunch, Copperplate, Smoke & Diamonds (LE), Club
[Row 1] Shroom, Nylon, Retrospeck, Coppering, Sable
[Row 2] Grain, Femme Fi (LE), Soba, Star Violet, Twinks
[Row 3] Urban Decay Sellout, All That Glitters,  Amber Lights, Sketch, Smut
[Top Row] Ricepaper, Charcoal Brown
[Bottom Row] Woodwinked, Mystery
[Clockwise from top] Blushbaby, Fleur Power, Salsa Rose, Well Dressed, Mocha
[Clockwise from top] Springsheen, My Highland Honey (LE), Trace Gold, Gingerly 

Some of these shades I wear more than others. But to be sure, every shade that managed to stick around is either a staple, an exemplar in terms of finish/texture, or a unique colour of which I have nothing similar. Obviously everyone has different taste colour-wise, but in terms of quality I would be happy recommending any of the above products.

No comments:

Post a Comment