Monday, 20 January 2014

My morning skincare routine

For a long time my skincare stash was like a revolving door - the curiosity of trying new things outweighed my loyalty to any product in particular. Times are changing. I've found a few products I love, that have been or will be repurchased, and my skin is thanking me for it.


Sunday Riley Ceramic Slip Cleanser - A thin, clay-based cleanser that does what it promises. I use this in the shower and it leaves my skin clean but not stripped, and after consistent use my pores are less noticeable. As a bonus it removes any mascara residue from the night before without stinging my eyes.

Pixi Glow Tonic - Basically impossible to get your hands on if you're not in London. I picked this up from the Carnaby Street store on a weekend stint and I'm glad I did. A daily toner with a light chemical exfoliant, that is lasting me absolute ages. And good news - it's now available online!

Rodial Dragon's Blood Sculpting Gel - A semi-opaque gel textured serum with wrinkle smoothing properties. I'm on my second jar and I have another in my reserves. I noticed an improvement in my skin almost immediately after using this - smoother, clearer and brighter. And dare I say those late-20s early fine lines are being kept at bay.

Omorovicza Balancing Moisturizer - My newest addition, and an immediate hit. This keeps my skin moisturized but not greasy, and makeup sits comfortably on top. It's balancing as it claims, but a bit early to tell whether this it's worth the small fortune.

REN Active 7 Radiant Eye Gel - I got this in a holiday gift with purchase and thought I'd give it a go. I was worried as a gel it wouldn't be moisturizing enough but surprisingly, it does a descent job. Though I haven't seen any other benefits. If I can stomach the price tag I think I'll be returning to my beloved Zelens Triple Action Advanced Eye Cream which is the only eye product that has ever improved my dark circles.

So there we have it. A lengthy roundup of all of the potions I use in the AM before facing the world.

3 comments:

  1. Great products! I love the REN line. I haven't tried the eye cream though.

    Ray | Obey Ray

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. I love REN too - the eye gel is great if you're looking for something basic and lightweight. Checked out your blog - glad to have found it!

      Delete