Wednesday, 29 January 2014

Fashion spotlight: Monochrome graphic/print/text

I tend to wear solid neutrals and rely on texture, cut, layering, and accessories for interest. Something's got into me though, and for the past few months I've been gravitating toward T's and sweatshirts (another thing I've been disproportionately drawn to this season) adorned with either graphic or text.

In keeping with my style I've stuck with black and white and have been somewhat judicious about which 'messages' make the cut. Not new, but new to me, and a look I'm loving at the moment. These are a few of my favourites:

The 'create and destroy' t-shirt and the 'Eau Yeah' sweatshirt are both from Zoe Karssen. I love the distressed print of the T and fell in love with the saying on the sweatshirt. I have a soft spot for lighthearted plays on words and this definitely fits the bill. I chuckle to myself every time I put it on (it's the small things). Sizing runs tight, so def size up if you're going for a loose fit. The stencil, paint by numbers take on Markus Lupfer's lip motif was a more minimal alternative to the usually bold graphic, so after um-ing and ah-ing online, I picked this up from Selfridges on a weekend trip to London. The material is rather stiff, and the cut is very boxy. The neck is cut high and it's fairly short at the waist. If I'm honest it's not particularly flattering on it's own unless I roll the sleeves (a must), tuck it into a skirt, or layer under an open oversized cardigan. This bad boy is currently 50% off on the ML website. A more refined version of the same monochrome tendency is this black and white Equipment star print blouse, which I've been loving paired with waxed black leather-look skinnies and a red lip.

What are your thoughts on the B&W (semi-) adult take on graphic tops? What looks have you been loving lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment